Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No One Alive Had Seen This But You Can!

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar

Question No One Alive Had Seen This But You Can!

"There will be no other till the twenty-first century of our era has dawned upon the Earth and the June flowers are blooming in 2004. What will be the state of science - God only knows."

1882 -- William Harkness, U.S. Naval Observatory

http://www.gsfc.nasa.gov/topstory/2004/0608venus.html

NASA invites you to view a rare celestial event, one not seen by any person now alive. On June 8, the planet Venus will appear to cross in front of the Sun as seen from Earth.

Titanium Member
    I'm a Gemini - I wonder if i'll finally get lucky. (I have the worst luck for the last 5+ years)
    Last edited by lynchknot; May 19th, 2004 at 02:13 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lynchknot
    I'm a Gemini - I wonder if i'll finally get lucky. (I have the worst luck for the last 5+ years)

Luck is a state of mind, my friend. While things might not seem bright and cheery - you are alive, hopefully in good health, loved and respected by all who download and use your themes, and you have a good internet connection. So maybe a tour bus of blonde Swedish massage class coeds hasn't stopped at your door. Nor has Bill Gates called you up to make you a partner in his business (I keep hanging up on him.) - but when you think things are bad - there are always many that have it worse. So take it from a fellow Gemini - chin up, suck in that gut, hold your shoulders back, put a smirk on your face and make someone else's life miserable - because you can!
    Last edited by petard; May 19th, 2004 at 12:51 PM.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I think Reverend saw it back in 1882. He might be able to shed some light on this.

Titanium Member
    Sorry, but it's not a state in my mind. No action for me = no luck. I need some lovin' down there - not for my themes. Sure there are others that have it worse, but that's a lousy way to view my life.

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    I think Reverend saw it back in 1882. He might be able to shed some light on this.

wow!

that was abacus days huh?
    ------------------------------------------------------------

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Sorry, but it's not a state in my mind. No action for me = no luck. I need some lovin' down there - not for my themes. Sure there are others that have it worse, but that's a lousy way to view my life.
    Ok lynch...then go by these words....a wise man will create more opportunities than he finds!! Seek an ye shall find, knock and her door shall open!...lol.

Thumbs up

I meant no offense LK. Things will go your way soon. Increase the time you spend on hobbies and other recreational activities. As soon as your life is busy and fun, a potential significant-other will show up and change it. In no time you'll be doing dinner at the in-laws, midnight diaper changings, Saturday morning soccer games, and mowing the lawn in shorts and dark socks.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by petard
    I In no time you'll be doing dinner at the in-laws, midnight diaper changings, Saturday morning soccer games, and mowing the lawn in shorts and dark socks.
    my life in a nutshell.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    LK, honestly bud. Get out more. Church. I don't know if you are religious but if so go and you'll usually meet a woman with some good standards... I know many churches have singles night, single fellowship and the like... It's a good way to meet someone with like minded values...

If you are looking for a wild time and a lot more unsettled behaviour.. head to a bar. Hang out, establish yourself. You'll meet a woman friend. So what if she is a bit damaged.. perhaps she has a dependency issue, is the town nympho, missing some teeth, or just got out of prison, she'll certainly add spice to your life.

I met my wife at a grocery store. LOL I was working there, she came in, I met her, and we started talking (a mutual friend introduced as at that point), and badda bing badda boom.

To be honest, dating is hard. I hated it. In college I met more hussies and skanks than many of you.. every other night was another hussy... (Fraternities do that to a man), LOL

A job is another way to meet a woman... even if it is part time, weekends or something like that.. You can meet many people that way.

Last but not least is the "order a bride" method.. this has merits. You can pick and choose. It is fast and relatively easy. But it can be expensive and can lead to more trouble..

If you were in Japan, I am sure you'd get a girl in no time... just for being foreign.. they go wild over foreign men.. It's hilarious seeing all these dorks over here picking up women LOL And by dorks I do mean dorks:

These are just some dork gaijin samplers:

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/big-forest-co...n/R0100007.jpg
    http://www.piscesposters.com/russ/japan/910.jpg
    http://www.killrockstars.com/bands/t...ur/Japan/8.jpg

Alternatively, go to school. You can meet chicks out the wazz at universities...

It all boils down to confidence and sincerity.. have confidence and be sincere, and you'll have success. But this player has been out of the game for a while.. so maybe things have changed... perhaps Conan or egghead can shed more light on the pimpology topic.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    and Lynchy...if none of the above work, jump on the 'ole scooter and make a run to Sturgis...or Daytona even. If that doesn't work, drop be here on your way home and we have to be able to rustle up somethin for ya.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    Alternatively, go to school. You can meet chicks out the wazz at universities...

School's the place for me. I met my Fiancée in graduate school and I had another former GF from school before I met her.

Titanium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rik
    and Lynchy...if none of the above work, jump on the 'ole scooter and make a run to Sturgis...or Daytona even. If that doesn't work, drop be here on your way home and we have to be able to rustle up somethin for ya.
    Scooter's been in pieces for the last 5 years - It was stolen and the police recovered it a year later - never had enough $ to put it back together. What a shame - it was my pride and joy - only 1000 miles on a newly rebuilt motor. (had an insurance lapse so they would not cover it)
    Last edited by lynchknot; May 19th, 2004 at 16:12 PM.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    WHA!!! Oh no...a fate worse than death for sure.

Titanium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rik
    WHA!!! Oh no...a fate worse than death for sure.
    I see you know the (co-dependant ) relationship between a man and his machine - you know how bitter i've become.