May 26th, 2004, 19:54 PM
Radeon Omega Drivers 2.5.44 (Cat 4.5 based)
Sorry,a little late posting these.
Omega has released a new modified ATI Catalyst 4.5 based driver suite for Windows 2000/XP.
* Based on the Catalyst 4.5 drivers.
* Updated the Omega version of RadLinker (1009), now the Profiler include options to enable TAA modes and to establish the desired TAA Threshold for D3D apps.
* Added and removed a LOT of tweaks, ATI changed some internal settings and some old tweaks won't work anymore from now on.
* Fixed support for Mobility 9700.
* Fixed the "Hibernation not working" problem in laptops.
* Added support for the Following laptop wide screen resolutions: 800x480, 960x600, 1024x600, 1024x480, 1280x600, 1280x768, 1280x800, 1680x1050, 1920x1200
* Re-enabled a desktop wide resolution: 1280x768
* Added an EXCLUSIVE new Omega utility which adds the ability to SWAP between the soft-mod and the normal driver without the need to re-install the whole drivers. (Thanks to Chris W, Author of RadLinker)
* Removed Artifact Tester 5 from the package. (Sorry Alberto)
* Included the latest version of ATITool. (Thanks W1zzard)
* Since the package has grown in size I will be distributing the installer in compressed CAB format to save some bandwidth, it must be decompressed using one of these tools (latest version): WinAce, WinRAR or WinZip. Then run the extracted file to start installation of the drivers.
Download: Radeon Omega Drivers for 2000/XP (list of mirrors)
May 26th, 2004, 23:32 PM
all bets are off...
Thanks Rev. Will give it a shot now that I'm on the ATI bandwagon
May 27th, 2004, 00:55 AM
I'll have these installed when I get home.
May 27th, 2004, 02:27 AM
Old and Cranky
I am running the normal ATI drivers for my 9700 pro and have just been leary of installing these. Will they give that much of a performance increase?
May 27th, 2004, 03:12 AM
It's more of an "image quality" boost that they offer. I use them it's pretty good. Comes with additional goodies like overclocking tools, etc.
Originally Posted by rik