Im not a Computer Guru so ill do my best to explain my problem...

Ok ive been using WinME for that last 3years but yesterday I decided I wanted to try XP. So I went got it then come home and try to install it (its the XP upgrade). I have my first problem when I put the cd in my D-Drive (a CD-DVD player). It makes exlporer not respond (freeze up and I have to restart the computer) So then i put the cd in my E-Drive an CDRW and it runs fine. The menu pops up and says 1) Install XP 2)Preform addional task 3)Check sys compatibilty

So I did number 3 and it says...
Software that doesn't support XP
ºNVIDIA nView Desktop Manager

So I go ahead and then do number 1 (Install XP) So it starts and goes all the way thru and does its first reboot. This is where the problem is. The computer starts up and goes to the new load screen (All black says WinXP in middle and has a bar underneath it to show its loading.) But all of a sudden the whole screen goes black and then does nothing (like the computers frozzen) I though maybe its normall and like it sit like that for 5 hours hoping somthing would happen. Nothing did so I restarted. XP goes to the same loading screen then the computer goes black.

Things I've also tired:
- reformat, install ME and then XP
- reformated installed Win95, Upgrade to Win98 then install XP
- reformated installed 98, downloaded all the Win98 critical updates then install XP

This is starting to make me very angry... If anyone know what I could do please respond ASAP.