Thread: Connectig 3 pc's through a HUB!

Connectig 3 pc's through a HUB!

Can i connect 3 pc's through a HUB so that just turning one of them i will have internet access?? And how can i connect them??

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    well, yes you can, but it is a pain.
    You will have to restart the cable/dsl modem everytime you want to have internet in one computer. It has been some time since I tried that. Maybe new cable/dsl modems won't need that.
    I strongly recomend a router. You won't last 2 days like that Router simplifies it a lot, plus you can have all computers on the Internet at the same time. The cost of a router isn't much more that of the cost of a hub anymore. You can get a router for 50$
    If you want to go more advanced you can have one computer to act as a router. You need 2 NICs for that, and one computer has to be always on.
    I Recomend the router above all, plus it provides security using NAT to restrict hackers from coming to your network

Thanks for advice. Do you know any good manual which can help me to install all this??

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    The Hub or the router?
    For the hub you don't need a manual. Just plug everything in there.
    For the router, they come with manuals. IF you follow the quick start guide you will be up and running in less than 10 minutes. The might require extra configuration later, but the procedures vary from vendor to vendor