A friend told me about this site, so I am not sure if I am putting this in the right spot or not. So hopefully I can get some help. I do have Windows98 so I am guessing this is where this would go.

Alright. Well about 4 days ago, I got this Trojan Horse virus in my computer. I ran AVG Virus Scan, it healed and all that. Well.. then I started to have major problems with everything.

My Computer, Control Panal, and several folders in that nature will not open, and if it does open it freezes without showing any of the icons inside of the folder.

It also does this with my Documents. I can load my Documents folder, but several icons will not show up. About the only icons that does show is picture files and wordpad/word document files. But thats about it. Anything else it wont show.

Either way it dont stop there. For Internet Explorer, my Start Page has been changed without me changing it. Everytime I try to change it, it goes right back to what I didnt put there.

Either way, the only possible solution I know to fix this is reformatting the hard drive. But even then, I dont know how to reformat the hard drive.

So basically what I am asking is.. has anyone seen these kinda problems before? And if so do you know a solution. -- And if the solution is reformatting the hard drive, how do you that?

Thanks to anyone who can help me. I appreciate it.