Thread: The SphereXP 0.76.67

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar

The SphereXP 0.76.67

The SphereXP is a 3D desktop replacement for Microsoft Windows XP. Taking the known concept of three-dimensional desktops to its own level. It offers a new way to organize objects on the desktop such a icons and applications.

The project was under "heavy" construction, but now it is open for testing. Everybody is free to try it out. Every response is appreciated.

Requires the .Net Framework available at Windows Update or from MajorGeeks.

I saw this on the "new and improved" G4\The Screen Savers the other day and wanted to mention it here. It was one of Sarahs Downloads of the Day, I would have posted the link to that but their website SUX so badly that I couldn't find the article on it. So I did the next best thing (Google) and grabbed this app from Majorgeeks.com. It looks pretty cool. I'm gonna try it out and will let you know my opinion. Try it yourself from here.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Well I'm back with an opinion. Personally I don't like it. There is a too much of a learning curve to it to see a benefit. Plus it really seems to be resource intensive so I would not recommend putting it on a system with less than 512 mb ram.

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rik
    I would not recommend putting it on a system with less than 512 mb ram.
    LMAO....That's an understatement there Rik. I saw this (or similar app) run on a 2.66ghz with 512mb and it dragged slower than molasses.
    Last edited by Stripe; June 18th, 2004 at 17:44 PM.