Thread: Preview: BenQ DW1600A 16x DVD+R writing tests - The drive and specifications

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

Preview: BenQ DW1600A 16x DVD+R writing tests - The drive and specifications

We have just seen the first 12x DVD-writers appearing in stores, and here we have it; the first 16X DVD-Writer! Big thanks to BenQ for sending out an early pre-release drive of their upcoming DW1600A DVD-Writer. This is not a finished product yet and the full specifications are just released. So in this short preview we will only take a look at how fast 16x speed is and look at how the writing quality is at 16x. And we will of course answer the question everyone has: Will any 8x DVD+R media work at 16x?
    Read the review @ CD Freaks

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I wonder how long it will take till these get on the shelf? I knew it was just a matter of time.

But I am having trouble finding 12X media now, so I can just imagine looking for 16X media.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Hell, I can't even find CD rewritables that that are faster than 12X here! What's the use of having a drive capable of rewriting at 32X?