Thread: blank screen

Banned

blank screen

im trying to program my friends computer and when i turn on the computer the screen stays black i dont know whats wrong any help

Since this is a little vague,

Is the monitor working?
    Is it connected to the computer properly?
    Does it have power?

Do you hear the PC starting up?
    Any unusual sounds from the casing?
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield

Banned
    the monitor is working and it is connected properly i hear the fans starting up so it does have power

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    biker666_05,

Do you see anything show on the screen? On the monitor, does the power light go green? Or does is stay orange? Do you hear any beeps from the pc

1-) Monitor Power light stays orange. the monitor is not getting any signals from the pc. Change the cables, re-seat the video card and try again.

2-) Monitor power light is green but nothing shows on the screen. Something is not hooked correctly in the pc. The computer is not even starting POST. check all components in the system Make sure fans are plugged in and that the cpu is inserted into the board correctly.

3-) several beeps sound and the monitor power light is green. There is some error occuring which is being reported by the beeps. look in the motherboard manual and look at the beep error codes. Typically, the beeps will be "long" and "short".

Banned
    it just stays orange hmm see thats y u never buy stuff from frys

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    give it a go on another pc. and yes I hate frys...unless they have really, really, really good deals.

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    lol....phish....Fry's always has good deals...just make sure you never buy the returns they put back on the shelves

If the light stays orange, try it on another pc. Also, double check the video connector from the vid card to the monitor. Do you still have the old monitor? If so, does it still work? If it does, sounds like you got a lemon. Take it back and have it replaced.

Banned
    yeah im going to tell him to get it replaced thanx everyone