Thread: Outlook Express Toolbar not showing

(Deep in the wilds of) Leicestershire, UK

Outlook Express Toolbar not showing

My dad (88!) uses my old PC for emails but he manages to foul up the settings regularly because of his lack of mouse control. I can usually sort things out but this one has me beat.
    The Toolbar (OE6) has disappeared and when I click on View-layout- and tick the Toolbar box or even Customise Toolbar nothing happens. The tick appears OK but nothing changes.

Before i go round and re-install OE is there anything I'm missing?

Howard (Gil's Son)

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    When you click on the Customize Toolbar button,are there any buttons listed in the Current toolbar buttons menu ?

Have you tried right clicking a blank part of the navbar (file,edit,view,etc)and selecting Toolbar.

If none of the above works try the solution shown here (should work for all versions)

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend
    When you click on the Customize Toolbar button,are there any buttons listed in the Current toolbar buttons menu ?

Have you tried right clicking a blank part of the navbar (file,edit,view,etc)and selecting Toolbar.

If none of the above works try the solution shown here (should work for all versions)
    No buttons listed as nothing happens, don't even get any disk activity light.........and yes I've tried right clicking etc.

I'll give the regedit solution a try next week when I see him. I might also buy him a trackball device to replace the mouse (I think you can get large ones primarily used for people with movement difficulties?) as most of these problems are caused when he clicks and the doesn't release the button and then drags the mouse.

Thanks for the help, I'll let you know how I get on

Howard

Solved

Well, finally sorted it. I tried the regedit thing and although the toolbar did not appear the Costomize Toolbar button became active again. Mainly out of frustration I created a dummy New Identity and lo and behold the toolbar was there! Swapped back to Main Identity and it was there also

Strange, seems to have been hidden somewhere.

Thanks for the advice

Howard