Thread: need help with video capture

Wink need help with video capture

i need help with capturing still images from streaming video clips off the web. i used hypersnap but the captures turned out to be black screens. i also used snagit but it didn't work either. can anyone help or recommend any good softwares that can be downloaded or even purchased if necessary that can do the job? thank you very much.

richard

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    You need to go into your display properties, and under settings, advanced, troubleshooting, move the hardware acceleration slider all the way to the left.

Reboot.

Then try to still capture the video. It should work.

Welcome to techzonez.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    You need to go into your display properties, and under settings, advanced, troubleshooting, move the hardware acceleration slider all the way to the left.

Reboot.

Then try to still capture the video. It should work.

Welcome to techzonez.

thank you so much! i'll give it a try.

Let us know what becomes of this.

hi big booger,

i played a web streaming video clip with windows media-player 9. after moving the tools/options/performance/video acceleration slider from full to none, capturing still images is workable. thanks.

i then played another streaming video clip with realone player. but there appeared to have no appropriate settings/buttons/sliders under tools/preferences to be adjusted. i did try all the settings/buttons/sliders but no success. where is the realone player hardware/video acceleration slider?

richard

You will actually do this in your display properties as real video doesn't have this setting as far as I know. The last time I used the real player was at version 8...

Right click the desktop, select properties, then select settings/advance/troubleshooting. Then move the slider to the left. Just remember to slide it back when you are finished.

thanks very much BB. i appreciate your help, which is great.

richard

Glad to have you as a member of Techzonez. If you know of an answer to a question, by all means don't hestitate. We value our members!