Thread: hack into my own profile

hack into my own profile

i have this thing on my computer called a pc timecop it kicks me off the computer after a certin amount of time and i cant figure out how to get rid of it someone please help me?

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Do you have admin access to this machine? If so I can think of several ways to stop this PC Time cop crap..

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    If this is truly your computer you can simply uninstall time cop.As Boogs says you will need admin rights.I don't believe in regulating internet acces unless there is a problem with homework not being done etc..If you can negotiate with the regulators for extra time that may solve your problem.If this is a work situation maybe you can get someone to free you up from the PC Cop Admin console.Good luck
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    I dont think it will work if you do not have admin access. It appears that this application ties directly in with the Windows Security and policy restrictions so it is tied to how you log into the PC and not an application running in the background.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    even if you have admin rights alot of these apps. you will need a secondary password to modify/delete it. I know for sure netnanny, parental control, child safe are set like that. 13yr old daughter has having some after hrs chat room sessions that mom didnt agree on.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I was thinking a two pronged attack, one with system restore. GO back to the day before that crappy software was installed.

Or two, boot into safemode, manually delete the PC timecop folder, then fireup a registry cleaning program and delete all the registry entries, startup menu items and so on...

Another sneaky idea was to just reset your clock every 20 minutes or so, or just before the time expires that you are supposed to be on.. I don't know if that will work,

It has an automic clock syncronization, but if you find the address it uses, you can edit your firewall (if you don't have one you need one), and block that address. If that doesn't work, you might have to unplug it from the internet, and use the PC offline (that sucks too)..

Another sneaky option that I am pretty sure will work is to create a new user account. Control Panel, user accounts, add new account..

Because:

If you add additional users to the Windows user database, you must generate the users again in the Options. Deleted Windows users are not automatically removed from the WatchDog database.
    Watchdog=pctimecop

Last trick and unless the parent or guardian knew about this you can actually kill the "watch dog" / "pctimecop" program by using ctrl/alt/delete and removing it from the list of running programs:

WatchDog can be killed while it's running by pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL to bring up the Task Manger.
    http://pctimecop.com/pc_timecop_secu...e.html#general

More "troubleshooting* there.