Thread: Infected IE.

Infected IE.

I,m facing a great difficulty on fighting with spyware.I can`t remember which & wat site I visited & wat I did that allowed it to enter my system.
    Now the thing which tease me the most is that when I open my IE browser either when I,m connected to the net or offline I get a tpical page heading with "Search for........." and having a no. of search options under it.
    I,m sick of it.Itried changing it from Tools>Internert Options and in the Home Page section.But it only works for 1 time when I open the browser next time it agains opens the annoying page once again.this page shows an address "about:blank" in the address bar.I believe it has slowed down my PC as well.
    I searched the web to find any free spyware remover but all the ones I found only scanned my PC but no one remived that thing free of cost.Is there any free spy remover available or is there any way to remove this manually.
    I also tried "Clear History" and "Delete Cookies" etc. I also manually deleted all files in the Temporary Internet Files folder and Cookies folder but to no avail.
    Plz help me and tell me if there is any way to remove them automatically or manually.(I,m using Win 98SE and IE:5)
    Muhammad Irfan

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    hello,

spyware sucks

you might need to stop using internet explorer and use something like netscape or firefox

if you have been infected with spyware please read the spyware removal thread and follow the steps to clean your compter

http://www.techzonez.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9739

good luck
    egghead
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    take eggs tutorial on spyware removal very thorough.

Thnx.I`ll let U know of the results after implementing them.
    Muhammad Irfan