I have been having many problems with my computer for the last year. I believe that someone has been tampering with it.

My computer is at home and only networked to my husbands computer. I have cable that goes through a modem and router. I have just gotten this computer back from the repairman who made sure that I had admin control of my computer and secured it.

Now I was looking through a program called freshUI and saw that file protection was disabled. I turned it on and then restarted my computer.

When I started again I got a pop up saying that I was missing dll's and that I needed to put my Windows XP home edition cd in and then I got a pop up saying I had the wrong cd and I needed to put in the windows xp pro cd.

I didn't have this (I don't have winxp pro) so I closed the window and the file checker proceded to check files with my home edition disk. When it was done it didn't tell me that I was missing anything so I did a search on files created today and I have tons of things that where created to system32 today. I was able to open a few of the exe files but then when I tried to open some more they would just do nothing.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on in my computer? I am so tired of fighting with this. I have been dealing with this for over a year. I have had several repair ppl fix it and then I take it home and things start to look funny again.

Like the other day my start menu kept poping up. My mcafee when I do a security scan says that the programs I have to be filtered are not being filtered. I also was going to stop telephony since I have cable, it is set to manual but started. 2 of the dependencies are my windowsxp firewall and my mcafee firewall.