Thread: Printer settings default problem

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar

Printer settings default problem

We are trying to change the print speed from a bar code printer at work.
    The settings we were only able to change them from an application before printing in the printer properties. What we would like to do is to set them as default so we don't have to change them every time we are going to print.
    I tried searching the registry to see if the configuration is saved there, but instead I found that supposedly it loads the configurations from a file (cfg). I did change the configurations from there but it seems that it is taking them from some where else.
    Any ideas?

Try this.
    Start>ControlPanel>PrintersAndOtherHardware>ViewInstalledPrintersOrFaxPrinters and right click on the printer in question. Now click on printing preferences. The popup screen allows me to change defaults for my Lexmark x73. Hopefully it will work for your printer.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    efc, yes they can be changed, but when you close the app it returns to the default.
    We actually did find a fix today. We pretty much *hacked* the INI file for the installation and re-installed the drivers with the custom values in the INI, so now they are the default ones

Glad you figured it out.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition