Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IPNATHLP error

IPNATHLP error

i keep getting ipnathlp error and my computer keeps rebooting i have windows xp and ics on but do not know how to turn it off which is supposed to stop this problem can anyone help me pls
    Last edited by bladezz; June 26th, 2004 at 15:15 PM.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    This article will tell you how to shut off ICS:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;230112

Hope that fixes your issue. If not come back and we can figure something else out.

thx big booger but that article was for 98 and im usung xp pro and cant find any tabs that it mentioned im also using a cable modem

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet Connections.

Right click your connection,(the one used to connect to the internet),and select properties. On the advanced tab uncheck "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" and click ok.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

ok thx for your help that sorted my problem

=]

YEa im getting this same thing and it is really getting annoying, i have tried wat u said b4 but i cnt find where it says that, all it says under advanced is "Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the internet" and this was already ticked

if u can give me some more imformation would be helpful

oh and im on a cable modem

Can you post the error exactly as it is shown in the XP event viewer? That would help troubleshoot this a lot.

Start, control panel, administrative tools, event viewer. Scroll down and find the IPNATHLP error then either screenshot or copy and paste the contents and post them here.

Specifically the event ID number.

The Event ID is 31012

and in the description says "The DNS proxy agent encountered an error while obtaining the local list of name-resolution servers. Some DNS or WINS servers may be inaccessible to clients on the local network. The data is the error code.
    "

im not on a network, altho i have set up lans with mates at my house and my cable modem is usb :E

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar

yea it says aobut turning off ics, but i cnt find where to turn this off, i have tried the inet but all the sites says the same thing, where mines seems to be different

need to find the way for my computer

Hi

I have the same Event ID 32003, Source: IPNATHLP problem.

A screenshot of the most recent of many errors, is here. Thanks in advance for any help that I can get on this site.

The problem I have is that I use ICS, so the advice to disable this facility isn't any good to me. Again, thank you for any help you can give.

You could try deleting the Nic, and all network settings and starting over from fresh. I don't know if it will work but it may.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    You could try deleting the Nic, and all network settings and starting over from fresh. I don't know if it will work but it may.
    Hi Big Booger, and thanks for replying

What I've done which appears to have resolved the issue, is I've uninstalled the Sygate personal firewall I had and reinstalled Zone Alarm, allowing ZA to configure the network connections again.

I've rebooted the PC twice since doing this, and the event log isn't showing any errors at all. Previously, the event log would show an error after a reboot.

Sadly, I haven't learnt anything from this, but the problem appears to be resolved so I'm happy. Thanks again for replying !!! I'll stick around just in case I've any other problems that I need help or advice on. Nice site !!!

So Sygate might have been the root of the issue? I ditched it long ago for Agnitum Outpost.