Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got a New Mouse

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar

Got a New Mouse

I picked up a new mouse the other day. This all happened when I bought a new mouse for my Dad since he was having a hard time with an el cheapo optic mouse by A4Tech. I got him a Logitech Click:

It had a really good feel to it and it was much easier to click the buttons. Suddenly my old Logitech optic mouse didn't "feel" too nice anymore!

So I went out and got the Logitech MX 510:

It's got a really great feel to it plus it looks fabulous!

Logitech® MX™510 Performance Optical Mouse - Blue

Application Switch • Cruise Control™ buttons • Internet Forward/Back • MX™ Optical Engine • Mac • Optical • PC • PS/2 • Right-Handed Comfort Grip • Scroll wheel • USB

Part Number 931162-0403 USD 49.95 Buy Now! Online Retailers

Logitech has raised the bar on mouse precision, performance, and beauty... again! The Logitech MX510 features an improved version of our already-amazing MX™ Optical Engine that combines high resolution with high frame rates to deliver the best in mouse performance. This revolutionary 800-dpi sensor now captures an incredible 5.8 megapixels every second and is able to track up to 15 G's of acceleration. So you get instant response to your fastest movements, with no lag. Plus, a collection of advanced features will streamline frequent tasks like scrolling through long documents, switching between applications, and navigating the web. And with a beautiful holographic blue finish, you'll enjoy the MX510's looks almost as much as its performance.
    Enjoy ultra-precise, ultra-smooth operation thanks to the improved MX Optical Engine
    Marvel at the beautiful holographic finish... every mouse is unique!
    Zip back and forth between open documents with the handy Quick Switch™ button
    Use convenient buttons to navigate forward and back in your web browser
    Easily scroll through long documents, without having to move your mouse an inch
    Get comfortable with a sculpted shape that fits in your right hand
    Control tracking, speed, and button programming with Logitech's gaming-tuned MouseWare® software

Lolz Thats a nice mouse! Now my Intellipoint Explorer 4.0 isn't feeling good. I don't like Logitech only because of the design. The MS Mouse has that blend with my case look. Your case is blue right? Then your mouse wll blend well.
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Now that you've brought up the subject of mice Conan,is that Logitech more comfortable on the wrist?I was having comfort and pain problems in the wrist with the standard scroll mice on all my systems and thought maybe I had carpal tunnel or something.I know it's not the nicest looking mouse but I got this Evoluent Vertical mouse for Xmas and the pain went away.It takes some getting used to and it sucks with games but it seems my wrist is in a more natural position while scrolling.Kind of like a pair of ugly comfortable shoes. BTW that MX 510 is a sharpy.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

@joshsiao: It's a shame Microsoft Mice and Keyboards are suddenly not available here anymore. I used to have a Microsoft keyboard a couple of years back but now they are nowhere to be found. I would have wanted to compare products as Microsoft and Logitech seem to have the best products when it comes to Keyboards and Mice.

@zipp51: I've found that to reduce wrist pain you gotta have a chair with armrests, and you have to align the chair's armrest height with your table which you mouse on. A few years back when my chair didn't have an armrest my wrist would really be in pain from absorbing all the weight of my whole arm while using the mouse. Your mouse is the first of its kind that I've ever seen. I initially thought you would have to scroll vertically!

that's a damn nice mouse conan... suddenly my el-cheapocompaq 2 button + scroll mouse isn't feeling so good...

I want a mx900... - same mouse as about just a bluetooth version... for $80 - ouch

Quote Originally Posted by cardriver

I want a mx900... - same mouse as about just a bluetooth version... for $80 - ouch
    I hear they are quite heavy because of the batteries.

ouch this might not be a positive thing... might go with the one you have purchased in that case... I'll have to check out comp usa to check em out together

good point and thanks for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    @zipp51: I've found that to reduce wrist pain you gotta have a chair with armrests, and you have to align the chair's armrest height with your table which you mouse on. A few years back when my chair didn't have an armrest my wrist would really be in pain from absorbing all the weight of my whole arm while using the mouse. Your mouse is the first of its kind that I've ever seen. I initially thought you would have to scroll vertically!
    As I moved house, I lost my old comp chair. So until I got a new comp chair, I had to put up with the dining chair which was way too low for the table. I had a sore in my wrist that prevented me from playing games properly for weeks!
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.~ Groucho

Nice looking mouse Conan. Nice looking hand z3n

I use the Microsoft Wireless desktop. Batteries do make the mouse heavier but as long as you have a smooth surface, you'll get used to it.

Titanium Member
    Be sure to scan for poltergeist.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    I like this mouse :http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=5003
    It is very nice for FPS
    For keyboard I use http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=7153 at the office and
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=5061 for home.
    I don't really care about the Bluethoot. Actually I am having some concerns regarding the technology, which I had been planning to discuss in the forum but haven't had time to organize my thoughts.
    They keyboard is great in general. I would have liked just a bit more pronunciation on the keys, since it is often too easy for me to mistype if I am not watching the keyboard with these kind of flat profile keys. I love mainly the multimedia section with the jog dialer for the volume.
    I also have the MS IntelliMouse Explorer http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...s.aspx?pid=001
    (the picture show is for Bluethoot, but same desing as mine) I personally find it too heavy (1/3 more than the Logitech Bluethoot) and big, making sore in my hand. A smooth surface is a *must* since the mouse often gets stuck too (because of its weight)
    I am telling you, trackballs feel ackward at the begging, but after a month you will never go back to any mouse that you have to move around. I would just like a scroll button on my trackman to be completely happy

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    I just read that review last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    I hear they are quite heavy because of the batteries.
    I heard the same thing barb
    so they aren't any good for gamers cause their to hard to manouvre

was looking at that mouse myself barb, let us know how you get along with it
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules