Thread: Can't install XP on RAID based on AHA 7902

Exclamation Can't install XP on RAID based on AHA 7902

I try to install XP on a RAID 0/1 System (Adaptec 7902) on board.
    RAID 0/1 has been properly set up with Adaptec utility tool (Adaptec BIOS) .
    Utility says RAID is fine and active.

I loaded the appropriate driver (newest one from the Adaptec home page) when starting the XP installation.
    As soon as the XP installer starts reading files from the CD, it reads approx. 100 files (into memory), the installation stops prompting that the next file could not be read from the CD. Indeed, the files already loaded in memory can not be flushed onto the disc.

Same happens when I try to install Win 2k.

Got an idea ??

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Are you sure that the disk you are using to install XP/2000 works fine? Is it scratched, dirty, etc...??? Have you used them before and they worked correctly?

What file does the error say that it cannot read? Is is the same file every time?

I'd try reinstalling without using the adaptec tool.

Maybe one of our Raid Gurus can help further with this..

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    I know that most users load Raid drivers from a floppy during XP installation, first time I've heard of a CD with the Raid drivers.

Thanks for your thoughts. The installation CD works fine, and I am loading the appropriate driver via a floppy disk (newest Adaptec driver from homepage). The Adaptec controller (a 2 channel U320 7902 processor) is part of the brandnew Gigabyte mainboard (GA 8KNXP Ultra-64).