Thread: Best Buy Fires Customers

Best Buy Fires Customers

This is the most imbecilic business decision that I have ever heard of. Hey Best Buy - I just deleted the Best Buy bookmark from my browser.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...332EDT0564.DTL
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Sounds like they don't want to give rebates... which draws customers to their stores who then buy other merchandise... what a way to do business...

Now I know that companies have to make money to stay in business it's the nature of the beast. however, in the article it mentions some statement about customers ripping off the retail establishment. what about when the retail establishment rips off the uneducated customer. Best buys car audio dept is an example... the mark ups on that mechandise is close to 100%. there is no need for that profit margin besides lining your pockets.

I am one of the customers that they want to get rid of. I never bought anything from them that wasn't on sale or had a rebate. Regardless where I shop, I try to buy everything "on sale". I would consider doing anything else foolish on my part.

Some customers are looking for the latest and greatest. The hardcore gammers need every bit of processing power possible. For those that want to check email, browse the internet, and play a little solitaire, there are great opportunities to buy more than adequate equipment at "give away" prices.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    So Best Buys is profiling? Most retailers are already doing this.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    As a follow-up to this story:

Ohio sues Best Buy over 'unfair acts'

Ohio's attorney general said Thursday that it is suing electronics retailer Best Buy, alleging the company repackaged used goods and sold them as new as well as failing to honor several consumer agreements.

Attorney General Jim Petro is charging Best Buy with "a pattern of unfair and deceptive acts and practices." In a press release, Petro said he has received hundreds of complaints in the last few years over Best Buy practices.

"The sheer number of complaints, coupled with the types of allegations my office received prompted us to file this lawsuit," Petro said. "The primary objective of this lawsuit is to bring Best Buy into conformity with Ohio's consumer protection laws and ensure that Best Buy's Ohio customers receive the service they deserve."

Petro said that in addition to repackaging used goods, Best Buy failed to honor rebates, refund and exchange programs, as well as service contracts.

"We are certainly aware of the lawsuit and are investigating the claims mentioned in it," Best Buy spokeswoman Sue Busch said. She added, however, the company would not comment further.

Source

Looks like one state is fed up and is going after Best Buy.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Well, I can say that I never liked Best Buy, whenever something is on sale (specially Black Friday) they have a short stock. "Buy New GeForce 6800 256 MB for only 99 $ after rebate" on a black Friday for example, then you go to the store at 5:30 AM (which opens at 6AM) and there is already a long line of people that already know BB (not booger, but Best Buy). You get in, and there is no more stock of anything that you wanted to buy, so, you just wasted a precious hour on Black Friday (not to mention waking up early). Circuit City or CompUSA don't have that problem.
    Now, about some customer that make the company lose money is true. And I adhere to that. I don't really know how it could be enforced with a retailer, but imagine that you are the owner of a company, and provide a service, for example IT services. You provide support contracts. And there is this one customer that makes calls often, you have people stuck with the customer, and then the customer complains of poor service, high rates or the like. I seen a company lose 7000$ with a single customer. Then you have to let go the customer. There are cases and cases