Thread: Boot.ini problem!

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar

Exclamation Boot.ini problem!

this is strange problem i never encountered before but can be fixed if someone has winxp insallted and only that os, i need someones boot.ini file, heres what mine says!

ITSF `  -
     |{ "|{ "`  x T   : ITSP T
         j].! "T PMGL / /#IDXHDR /#ITBITS /#STRINGSgG/#SYSTEM )/#TOPICSp/#URLSTR8//#URLTBL4 /#WINDOWS>L /$FIftiMain /$OBJINSTS?/$WWAssociativeLinks/ /$WWAssociativeLinks/BTreeL/$WWAssociativeLinks/DatahA/$WWAssociativeLinks/Map)
    /$WWAssociativeLinks/Property3 /$WWKeywordLinks/ /$WWKeywordLinks/BTree
    L/$WWKeywordLinks/DataV/$WWKeywordLinks/Mapr
    /$WWKeywordLinks/Property| /compile_date.htm*J/mine_customize_field.htm)M/mine_object.htmJq/mine_play.htm;n/mine_tips.htmv4 /winmine.hhct1 /winmine.hhk%:ataSpace/NameList <(:ataSpace/Storage/MSCompressed/Content /,,:ataSpace/Storage/MSCompressed/ControlData j):ataSpace/Storage/MSCompressed/SpanInfo b/:ataSpace/Storage/MSCompressed/Transform/List <&_:ataSpace/Storage/MSCompressed/Transform/{7FC28940-9D31-11D0-9B27-00A0C91E9C7C}/InstanceData/ i:ataSpace/Storage/MSCompressed/Transform/{7FC28940-9D31-11D0-9B27-00A0C91E9C7C}/InstanceData/ResetTable [8

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

and this is after a clean install, even after a active killdisk, then partmagic 8.02 then xp without touching the filesystem,

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    I can send mine when I get home at 1pm pacific if no one else posts before me. I have xp pro sp2rc not sure if that will matter.

Could it be a corrupt disk? As in the boot.ini file from the XP install CD is corrupt?
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield

well i been looking for the bootini all day on my xppe cds and the corp cd i got, but notings showing up, im not sure why its done that tot the boot ini but it says invalid bootini on boot the says booting to c:/windows

hi, could u please help......i was running winxp on drice c: but since one of my softwares wasnt running on that, i installed winme on drive d: and now my pc boots only in winme. i cant find the boot.ini file in either of my HDD or the cds of winxp and winme i have. what do i do? can someone help?? all my files and programs are installed on winxp in drive c:

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khanshahab
    hi, could u please help......i was running winxp on drice c: but since one of my softwares wasnt running on that, i installed winme on drive d: and now my pc boots only in winme. i cant find the boot.ini file in either of my HDD or the cds of winxp and winme i have. what do i do? can someone help?? all my files and programs are installed on winxp in drive c:
    You need to make sure you have enabled viewing of system files.
    Open Windows Explorer and go to Tools > Folder Options.On the view tab put a check next to "Show hidden files and folders" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" then click apply.

The boot.ini should be located in your root directory C:\

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

boot.ini

i found the boot.ini file in drive d where i had installed winme, what do i do further? i want to get a dual bootable screen when i start my pc. i cant even access the bios of my pc

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    can you copy and paste the contents of your boot.ini here.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

i was able to get the dual boot screen but now the prob is that it doesnt show win me in the options , it shows win xp twice. and one of the options doesnt work. i had used the fixmbr as well as fixboot options. wat do i do now?