Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Windows XP SP2 RC2 Got Boogered the Other Day.

  1. #1
    Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,343

    Windows XP SP2 RC2 Got Boogered the Other Day.

    No offense to Boogs, my Windows got boogered the other day. The last things I remember doing was running the MyDoom tool from Symantec and then created a WinNX unattended ISO. Then later at night when I got home to install my monitor I was suddenly logged into this Test account (with Admin rights) after starting up the PC. Upon examining Task Manager, I had 45 processes running (I normally max out at 32 processes) but only 10-12 of them were listed.

    I tried running a virus scan (Zone Alarm antivirus) and that program seemed boogered too. I system restored successfully to the previous day's configuration but fearing that it was a virus behind this I just reformatted the drive to be safe.

  2. #2
    Titanium Member efc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    North Central Arkansas
    Posts
    2,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    No offense to Boogs, my Windows got boogered
    I love it. I think we ought to standardize the term. Anytime your computer goes belly-up, it GOT BOOGERED. Heck, we will all understand what it means.
    Last edited by Conan; July 25th, 2004 at 02:52 AM. Reason: fixed quote tags
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

  3. #3
    Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    England
    Posts
    14,045
    definition

    Boogered:

    v. boo·gered , boo·ger·ed, booger·ed

    adj.

    1. The art of inadvertently deleting threads on a bulletin board when you are only supposed to move them.
    2. Fraudulently increasing your post count with the subtle use of spam.
    3. Falsifying your qualifications in order to convince the Japanese education authorities that your are the right person to teach English.


    =========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    JAPAN
    Posts
    10,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend
    definition

    Boogered:

    v. boo·gered , boo·ger·ed, booger·ed

    adj.

    1. The art of inadvertently deleting threads on a bulletin board when you are only supposed to move them.
    2. Fraudulently increasing your post count with the subtle use of spam.
    3. Falsifying your qualifications in order to convince the Japanese education authorities that your are the right person to teach English.


    :P

  5. #5
    Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Watching Your every move...
    Posts
    4,688
    Quote Originally Posted by efc
    I love it. I think we ought to standardize the term. Anytime your computer goes belly-up, it GOT BOOGERED. Heck, we will all understand what it means.


    I agree...Saying it got "Lynchknotted" just doesn't sound right.


    And Rev, that was hilarious...Boogs

  6. #6
    Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,343
    Quote Originally Posted by rik
    I agree...Saying it got "Lynchknotted" just doesn't sound right.

    It got "Lynched".

  7. #7
    Titanium Member efc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    North Central Arkansas
    Posts
    2,329
    Rev, we may need a new category titled MY BOOGERED COMPUTER, or something similar.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

  8. #8
    all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend
    definition

    Boogered:

    v. boo·gered , boo·ger·ed, booger·ed

    adj.

    1. The art of inadvertently deleting threads on a bulletin board when you are only supposed to move them.
    2. Fraudulently increasing your post count with the subtle use of spam.
    3. Falsifying your qualifications in order to convince the Japanese education authorities that your are the right person to teach English.


    Dude...that is too funny.

    (No disrespect boogs)

  9. #9
    Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Software Paradise
    Posts
    3,852
    Rev's post was very funny indeed, also Conan's "Lynched" LOL... cracks my sides just thinking about it all.

    but on topic, did conan sort out the probs with XP?

    --- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

  10. #10
    Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,343
    Quote Originally Posted by cash_site
    Rev's post was very funny indeed, also Conan's "Lynched" LOL... cracks my sides just thinking about it all.

    but on topic, did conan sort out the probs with XP?
    I restored an image then, but later on I reformatted and installed a slipstreamed SP2 RTM.

  11. #11
    Silver Member joshsiao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    357
    There are many who have had problems with SP2. Although I've yet to secretly test it out on my school's computers.
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •