my usb devices are not working and i dont really know why.
i have 2 gamepads that are different brands and if i plug in either it does nothing.
nothing happens unless i unplug them, then it "finds the hardware" and says an error occurred during the installation of the device.
the installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this device instance.
-just recently its been finding the hardware while its plugged in. but still does not work.

i dont know if that means i dont have the driver installed, but if thats what it means i do have the mobo, usb, and logitech drivers installed.
also, i noticed on the cd driver (nforce2) there is a usb2 driver, however there already is one installed that is a newer version.
file version on cd is 5.0.2195.5605, version i have installed now is 5.0.2195.6717.
correct me if im wrong, but doesnt win2k sp4 come with usb2 drivers? so what are the usb2 drivers on the cd for?
and i do have the latest nforce drivers installed for my mobo btw. and all the updates off windows update.

the strangest thing is that my mouse is usb, and its working.
however a while back i got really bad lag in ut2k4 when using the menus with it.
but it hasnt occured since i realized the mouse driver wasnt installed, and installed it. still.... very strange
could this be a defective motherboard? how can i tell?
and are there newer usb2 drivers out than the one i have now?

system specs shuttle an35n-400 ultra
1024 megs ddr 333
win2k sp4+updates
amd athlon XP 2400
rad 9800 pro
logitech wingman rumblepad
saitek p220 gamepad