Thread: Can't download SP1

Can't download SP1

I want to download SP1 for XP at work and take it home for my PC there. However I can only find access to it through Windows Update and since my work PC already has SP1 it's not listed as an option. Is there any way I can get the file?

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar

134MB!!The other version is only 34 - what's the difference, and can't I find that one somewhere as a file. Presumably when you install SP1 it copies a file across - is this left behind do you think? I need to put this on a 64Mb Pendrive you see...

PS why is your signature what it is?

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by d000hg
    134MB!!The other version is only 34 - what's the difference, and can't I find that one somewhere as a file. Presumably when you install SP1 it copies a file across - is this left behind do you think? I need to put this on a 64Mb Pendrive you see...

PS why is your signature what it is?
    The 34 mb file is an Express Install. It will download the remaining files anyway, that's why it's better in my opinion to download the Network setup. Why not burn it to a CD? My signature, you mean the hardware specs? Well it's easier to identify or solve problems when you have your PC specs all spelled out. Other members can easily ask me hardware related questions if we share the same configuration.