Thread: Kernal_data_Inpage_Error Windows stops responding.

Kernal_data_Inpage_Error Windows stops responding.

I get a blue screen with the message of

Kernal_data_inpage_error
    Win32k.sys error
    Stop 0x0000007a (0xc03e128c, 0x000000e, 0xf84a3558, 0x1108e860)
    F84a3558 Base at F8497000

and once it said atapi.sys instead of win32k.sys..

Please help me.. it makes me comp freeze and turn blue.. I have alot of work i need to complete.. and this gets annoying. Thank you for any advice or help.

some what.. i understand all this but why does it use the file win32k.sys as the error for one.. and secondly... which chkdsk do i run autochk or chkdsk? I will try what that pages says.. it has giving me more ifo as to why it happens and how you might be able to see if somehting is wrong.. but not what to do exactly if somehting is wrong.. Snake... thanks alot.. that page was helpful

Now the copmputer cant even read the hard drives.. the hard drives werent bad i just had them installed about two months ago.. this is not a hardware problem do to the hard drives but now they cant be read. what do i do?> I have alot of info on there.. and liek i said the hd is new so i didnt get a chance to backup yet? any way of restoring it or anything it says cant read either disk and doesnt do anything else.

Any luck on this Blue Screen of Death error?

I have the same problem. It was referring to Kernal_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, then also referencing atapi.sys error.

Now the hard drive won't boot up at all. I've tried fdisk (4), chkdsk, scandsk, I've even used a couple of disk recovery tools (SpinRite v6, and GetMyDataBack NTFS v2.03) with NO success.

The computer still boots with No Operating System.

wb

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Welcome to Techzonez
    Have you run diags on your hard drive?