Thread: XP Tweaking Site

XP Tweaking Site

I've been sitting on the fence as far as installing XP or not only having 128 megs of ram to play with and then I met this lunatic.

http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

Now me only inconnvienance would be that damn SP1. Get that solved and I might finally fall off the fence.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    what's with sp1? got a buddy using xp on a 400mhz 128 ram...working fine...that viper site is great to shut down those services that you will never use. try using tweak xp to further the tweaking another good one is...holy shit tried to link to it and its down but is AXCEL216 best reg and tweak site for all flavors of windows...hope its just a temp thing.

Tanks Phish, end of month probably just a bandwidth thingy. I never install XP because because people tell me I will slow down all things non M$.

SP1 make me evaluation copy read only? I ask because i tend to evaluate things for a long time being the complete idiot that I is

all you need is that non-devils own key and sp1 will work fine...after a reformat I have not loaded sp1 again...think I will wait for the gold release

axcel216 is back up enjoy!

Tanks Phishead tahis all sounds like sound advice!

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar

Re: XP Tweaking Site

Originally posted by Sunday Silence
    I've been sitting on the fence as far as installing XP or not only having 128 megs of ram to play with and then I met this lunatic.

http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

Now me only inconnvienance would be that damn SP1. Get that solved and I might finally fall off the fence.
    I have tried to disable those services not needed according to Blackviper. My recommendation, leave your services alone. I have not noticed any speed increase from removing "unneeded" services plus the likelihood of disabling something you do actually need is very high. Then you would have to search for what service you disabled because some process is no longer working.

It's what happend to me a few weeks ago conan,it's risky especially for newcommers.

Somewhere in Texas , there's a Village missing it's Idiot
    Cheers
    Ushie

Saving me from me self are we, Ok. Yeah thats kinda why I posted. See if anyone else already been over this road, thanks.

I tried this a while back, and i wish i hadn't , it doesn't improve anything, just adds more problems to your windows..
    so i wouldn't suggest for anyone to do this so called "tweak"

Blackwar