Thread: So much for the RIAA

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Thanks pia.

Posted on the front page.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    strike one up for the little guy.

"60 Minutes", a U.S. news maganize show, dealt with pier-to-pier, and the Movie DVD industry. They mentioned that they were considering law suites against individuals using the RIAA model.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I'd like to see these corporate welfare organizations like the RIAA, BSA, and MPAA go down in flames. Honestly, they lobby congress which changes laws that effect every American. They lobby daily, pouring in cash to senators and other congressmen, to get laws that reflect their interests and not the interest of the American public. It is such a pity that money and greed motivate these companies. WIth all the money they use to lobby, advertise their anti-piracy propaganda, and attack individuals with lawsuits, think how much change they could make in poverty, hunger, aids and cancer research, and other charitable organizations.

Instead they want to waste resources and use tax payer money (remember G.W.'s tax cuts that target only the richest of the rich).. it's scandalous for them to even consider going after teenagers, parents on limited incomes and so on.. only to line their pockets even more. It's not enough for them to steal tax payer money, they are beyond greedy... They are stealing from the American public and tying up our legislature with nonesense garbage when other more pressing matters are important (I cite the 9/11 Commission Report).

I'm glad to see the underdog win in this case.

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    Whats also sad is that they are refusing to innovate. They let the market stagnate and dont want to research new ways to get people what they want.

I read an article that 9 out of 10 albums fail and that the cost of an album is because I have to pay for that failure. So why blow $17.99 on a cd (someone elses failure) when there's probably only 1 or 2 songs on it that I'll like anyways.

for now, I'll listen to the radio

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    for now, I'll listen to the radio
    or buy the single song for .99c @ apple

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Or more artists should look at an enviably simpleway of doing things, especially marginal players who still have a core following. I've been a Dean Friedman fan for 20 years (not everyones taste I know, but I bet there's some artist equally low key that you like) and being unable to get a decent contract, though his next CD was 'in the can', he approached his e-mail fan base and requested pre- ordered & paid for requests in order to raise $50,000 for studio time, pressing etc. The result was a triumph for the little man - he got the money, not a record label. And now He's doing it again. Class idea.
    www.deanfriedman.com/