Thread: task scheduler in NT4?

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar

task scheduler in NT4?

Hey guys, I wanted to know if someone know how to enable the task scheduler in Windows NT4. It isn't in system tools (there isn't a system tools group in NT) and it isn't either in administrative tools. In another PC with NT4 I found it as a folder called TASKS under WINNT, but in other 3 systems I cannot find it and I need it. I cannot copy it and paste it in the other PC. I tried that already and it doesn't work. I think I need to start a service for it, and I don't know which is it. Please send me a help

Please someone give me a clue, because I am clueless
    I think the task scheduler was called AT but I am not sure and still I haven't found anything about it.
    If not, please give me names of good 3th party task schedulers that I can use with NT4. I found that NT server brings task scheduler, but NT 4 desktop not. Still there should be a way to do it. Right??
    Please help!!!!!!!!!:bblob:

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Here ya go Dehc.

How to install task scheduler here
    (scroll down page)

3rd party software here

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Thanks a lot. I have been hanging on to schedule a task because of this.
    I will try it out as soon as I can clear the sea of CDS in front of my PC ( I can barely access the keyboard)
    HAve you ever make an license inventory and order of CDs in a company that hasn't have a Network Administrator for 6 months?
    well, it is a nightmare
    Thanks for the help

Task Scheduler nt4

Windows NT4 (SP3+)
    Go to the Control Panel and select Add/Remove Programs. Select Microsoft Internet Explorer X.Y from the list, and when a dialog prompt you for what to do, select Add a component. Depending on the current release of your browser (4 or 5), you will eventually be given a list of additional software you may install (Note: this may take a long time!). With IE4 you should select Task Scheduler under Additional Explorer Enhancements. With IE5 select the Offline Browsing Pack.

You can also go directly to http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie. From here you can select all IE software releases and add-ons. We recommend you upgrade to IE5. We've had a lot of problems reported about upgrading IE4, you would probably be better off installing IE5 anyway (it's a much better browser).