Thread: Java

Question Java

Should the java console be enabled?

Somewhere in Texas , there's a Village missing it's Idiot
    Cheers
    Ushie

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    depending of what you use it for.
    And depending of what you are refering to as the Java console.
    Do you mean the icon in the systray, which has an icon of a coffee cup?
    You can take it out from the control panel.
    I am not completely sure, because I don't have Java in this PC, but I remember I had it in my own Pc, and I disabled th3e icon from the control Panel.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    well of course how else are you going to get your cup o' joe if its not plugged in ..lol are you talking in the internet options...if so then yes...some pages use java so I keep mine on. but I use Opera browser which uses sun java by default...give it a go

I like a good cup of irish java myself Yes i was talking about the internet options,thank you that's one of the little things newcomers just don't know.

Cheers
    Ushie

Ohhh, well, it wasn't the cup of coffee from the systray
    Java will give you some nice features in some web sites, but you don't need the icon beside the clock, unless you use it to remember about your irish coffee

LOL---Thanks guys you crack me up. But i do have a question. I enabled the java console, it took like 10 min. then i tried to restart and a thingy came up " End program-Rundll32.exe. this program is not responding" did i just not wait long enough?

Cheers
    Ushie

well, the end Rundll32.exe error is pretty common, but under 98. When it have a problem I usually don't wait for it. I close it (end now) all my PC goes into a big crisis, I restart the PC by anyt means and next time I restart it is OK. If it is not OK, I undo the last chang ebefore it went renegade (in your case was the java) and then it is working fine.
    I can't give you much more explanation because I never truly understood why this happens, I just know it happens, and you can fix it someway (restarting or uninstalling the faulty program)
    Maybe BB is able to tell you for what is used the rundll32. I think it is part of the memory manager, but then, I am guessing

the shutdown locked up I would shut it off then reboot then shut down again and reboot just to be on the safe side.

could be that xp did not release its process when registering the *.dll's quick enough before the shutdown started and just hiccupped. just talking out of my ass but sounds good

It is a good explanation Phis , I would like to know exactly why it happened, but we can explain it with your theory, or say it was MAGIC
    I explaining most of my PC problems that way

speaking of JAVA for some reason xp dont have java , and when i go to dslr reports to do a scan of my connection it says i dont have Java control , go to microsoft to get it , i go to microsoft and they say that are not supplying java no more , any ideas on how i can view this test that requires java ,

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Have you tried going to Windows Update and looking for the latest Virual Machine update? If it's not there then go here for Sun's Java for XP:

http://java.sun.com/getjava/download.html

Is this why after i enabled java it would go right back to the old setting by itself?I did follow your link conan and downloadet just now.Took almost a hour with my 56K,but it's done so i hope it will help me.Strange do a lot of settings i have changed just go back to the old setting right after.

Cheers
    Ushie

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    I found the Microsoft Java downolad, grab it quick before it gets removed:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...S/msjavx86.exe

British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar
    What i don't get about java is the fact that so many websites that i visit alot, need it (i think they need it, since the Java console pops up in the corner) and i've never used Java before in my life til i downloaded the latest version a couple of days ago.

(Well used it with Opera a year back with the release of v3.6, but my computer never seemed to use it)

Now i don't see any differences with the pages that want Java now, and didn't have the option before because it wasn't installed, is Java important for webpages or not and can i disable it and keep it for programs programed in Java only?

Sometimes the Java console takes alittle time to load up and slows down my system, thats how i know i'm visiting a Java enabled site

Sometimes it crashs, rarely though, can someone tell me in detail what Java should and should not do as a part of my system?

I'll be very much obliged!