Thread: Sound card problems

Sound card problems

I have a problem, I bought a sound card for a computer that didn't have one. I got it off E_Bay and it didn't come with the software drivers. My question how do I install it? I have no idea of the make of it. HELP!!!!!

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar
    what kind of sound card is it isa/pci is it a lon ger card or shorter and is it a creative, sound card. or can you tell me the name of the card you can find the drivers off of driver guide,

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_warez
    what kind of sound card is it isa/pci is it a lon ger card or shorter and is it a creative, sound card. or can you tell me the name of the card you can find the drivers off of driver guide,
    I'm kinda dumb at this stuff (SORRY) what is a isa/pci card ? it's a long card (APPROX 6 1/2 inches long it has 2 speaker jack plugin and 1 for a mic. It also has a female serial port, does that help you

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    When you ordered it from eBay what was the Product title and description.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

When I order it from E-Bay it was was sold in a lot (I bid on a box of computer parts) it had sound cards, harddrives, cables, ect. that's it. The guy that was selling the computer parts is a repair tech. I have email him several times, bit never recieved a responce.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Can you take a picture of it? Does it have any larger microchips? If so, what is written on it?

If you can take a picture it will be easier to help you.

Have you physically installed the card yet, or are you after the info first to avoid problems when you do? If you have put it in the case what happened when you booted up - Windows (if that's your OS) will normally assign a generic driver if it doesn't recognise the hardware so you should get some functionality

I decided to do a little research. Ran into a program that sounded like it would help. I downloaded it and will keep it in my tool kit. It identifies the components in your box.

EverestHomeEdition - Link temporarily killed.

Attention: Shortly after using the above application, my system rolled over and played dead. Very dead. I had also installed sp2 within the last 24 hours so I am not sure of the cause. Recommend that you research Everest Home Edition before use. I think it is OK, but hesitate to recommend it.
    Last edited by efc; August 30th, 2004 at 01:36 AM.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition