Thread: Custom made Alienware Systems

Custom made Alienware Systems

Just found these (see attachments) at
    http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,21...w=wn_tophead_2
    Pretty neat

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    They are neat but quite expensive!

From what the article says, it is true that a lot of media people are using Mac. And Dell builds solid computers. (Not really, I had called them thrice to fix my problems). If you visit their site, http://www.alienware.com, you'll find those form pages where you can have fun customising a system to see the price you get, just like Dell. I racked up a total of over 50,000 US once on the ALX system. Even the basic setup for a Area-51 system is more than what most people's budget can hold!
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield

Agreed, but given a lottery win or some aged distaff relative passing on and leaving you a substantial windfall, couldn't you see yourself splashing out? After the six bedroomed detached and several cars (Aston DB9 first of course)....And sorting the family out ....ect..etc. You know you would

Quote Originally Posted by Tanglefoot
    Agreed, but given a lottery win or some aged distaff relative passing on and leaving you a substantial windfall, couldn't you see yourself splashing out? After the six bedroomed detached and several cars (Aston DB9 first of course)....And sorting the family out ....ect..etc. You know you would
    After buying the Mercedes SLR, I think I would still build my own PC that would be capable of matching Alienware's best specs.

Ya, those Alienware ALX systems have a big profit margin. Somebody can make an equivalent or better system for about 2000 dollars less than there AMD ALX system. The only thing that makes them special is the cooling and the case, and they are slightly overclocked.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I read in the news that Alienware is being sued by honda for copyright infringement for using the ALX acronym..

Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    I read in the news that Alienware is being sued by honda for copyright infringement for using the ALX acronym..
    How does Honda use ALX? First time that I've heard it.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    After buying the Mercedes SLR, I think I would still build my own PC that would be capable of matching Alienware's best specs.
    With that kind of money, I would even bother buying a new PC. I'll first build a special room with 4 walls and air-filtering. Then I'll build a super computer to cover the 4 walls with an ultra large screen and surround speakers like a movie theather. This super computer will have the power of a thousand Intanium II processors, more than 10 ATi GPUs put together, the best sound cards which can do all the things of a music studio, hundreds of high capacity, high speed harddisks, a large internet connection cable equaling a high speed network router than can download the entire US Congress in seconds, sticks and sticks of high speed RAM with a Linux OS! And topped with a special refrigeration system to cool everything!
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield