Thread: Copywright information?

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar

Copywright information?

Ok, I think I posted this before, but I couldn't find the thread. Maybe I wrote it and never posted it (it happened to me a couple of times )
    Anyhow. As I started some time ago, I want to write the company policies (email, Internet usage, passwords and so on)
    I should be finishing with them soon, but before I present them to my boss, I want to make sure that I did all possible to show that I WROTE THEM and not him. I know I can save them as pdf so they are not editable, but what would happen with the doc file?
    I did a lot of research about the policies off working hours, so I want to get the credit that I deserve, and it is more than common practice that I don't get such a thing
    Ideas?

you can get a video camera and make a short video of you writing it or somethin.

but what would happen with the doc file?
    nothing

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    http://www.expresscomputeronline.com...chspace1.shtml

A great explanation on how to make the .doc file format read only and to limit any saving/or changing of the original document without the need for Adobe's PDF format.. software etc..

That is a great article, worthy of being a sticky in a Word Tips thread.
    It even has the programming code, so it can be used with programs that generate the doc file (which I would have no idea how to use)
    Now, for the final part, what about making the properties section where the author information is non-editable. I haven't tried if that would do the trick.
    What other sections or ways are available to enter author information??

If you use Office 2003, you can take advantage of its sercurity features which allow you to "lock" your word document from editing. The good thing about this is that you can paste your name all over the document, then highlight the areas that you want to lock and then lock it with a password. You can also leave only certain areas for your boss to edit. Then only you can unlock the rest of the document.
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield

I only have 2k3 at home, so I might just copy the document at home and do those editings. I should be working on one of the policies today, so I should have one to work on tonight and try it out in 2K3