Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh Conan

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar

Oh Conan

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Well congrats on the new hardware! I'm jobless and broke at the moment and I might have to actually call off my wedding plans cause my girl keeps on giving me shit about not having a job and money. Well she should have said no in the first place, rather than insist on getting married and live off her salary while I'm looking for a job!

Back to the topic so I guess MSI has a proper PCI lock now?

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Well alright FG.I was wondering when you would put a Athlon 64 system together.Tell us about the setup,(ie) what operating system are you using,software,any glitches,game and application performance.When you have time of course.I'll be getting one someday,just bought a new truck so transportation comes first.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    Back to the topic so I guess MSI has a proper PCI lock now?
    All the Nforce3 boards have working locks.
    Well congrats on the new hardware! I'm jobless and broke at the moment and I might have to actually call off my wedding plans cause my girl keeps on giving me shit about not having a job and money.
    Well what the heck! she's suppose to love you cuz your Conan not because you have a job or money! we all still Luv ya

You better tell that girl your putting her through a test and she's not doing well, ask her how she would feel if you dumped her if she lost her job

Are jobs hard to find over there ? Maybe you should move to the States, you could get a good job or one of our New Age women that thinks you should be a house husband

Hope things work out for you....

Quote Originally Posted by FastGame
    Well what the heck! she's suppose to love you cuz your Conan not because you have a job or money! we all still Luv ya

You better tell that girl your putting her through a test and she's not doing well, ask her how she would feel if you dumped her if she lost her job

Are jobs hard to find over there ? Maybe you should move to the States, you could get a good job or one of our New Age women that thinks you should be a house husband

Hope things work out for you....
    Well it's like this, I had a good job when I proposed to her and then for some gooey financial reasons I had to quit cause the company was in danger of being sued and I was a Director of the company.

So she says we should still continue with the wedding plans and she'll be the one to cough up the dough for her dream wedding (which includes a live band, expensive photography and everything will be recorded on DVD).

Now after seeing her sister's engagement ring (about 3-4 times the size of what I gave her) she wants a better ring before the wedding. So how am I gonna give her a better ring with no job? She wants to stick with this "we are getting married in February or bust" stance! So in effect it's her and her deadlines/conditions which are backing me up into a dead end. As of right now the only solution I see is to call it quits and part ways.

It's not like I'm sitting on my ass waiting for a job to fall on my lap. I've been to interviews, head hunters, applying on the net... I just have to wait for the plant to bear fruit and it might take a while.
    Last edited by Conan; August 31st, 2004 at 06:41 AM.

Now after seeing her sister's engagement ring (about 3-4 times the size of what I gave her) she wants a better ring before the wedding. So how am I gonna give her a better ring with no job? She wants to stick with this "we are getting married in February or bust" stance! So in effect it's her and her deadlines/conditions which are backing me up into a dead end. As of right now the only solution I see is to call it quits and part ways.
    Man-o-Man Conan this isn't sounding good this girl is all about the wrong things...are you going to spend your whole life keeping up with what her sister has ? is that what she expects ? what about later on when your neighbor has a bigger house or newer car ?

Conan your a really good person, good things will come your way I know it's hard not having a job and whats happening with your girl is hard for you also. Things happen for a reason, take this opportunity to see how it really is. Maybe heart ache from a breakup is better than years of misery from not doing so.

Now go tell your girl the truth, her sister got a bigger ring because her man has a smaller pecker ! women who wear gold bands truely walk life with a smile

I had a long talk with my folks and they agreed I should call it quits. So in about 2 hours I'm meeting her to tell her my decision. God help me with my resolve in doing this. We've broken up and patched up dozens of times in the past so I hope this one will stick for good.

Good luck buddy, if you need anything let me know and I'll help if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by FastGame
    Good luck buddy, if you need anything let me know and I'll help if I can.
    Thanks!

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Holy moses.. I'm gone a few hours and conan's getting married and then not married, and then married, losing a job, bout to get sued.. what the hell?

Dude marry for love and you can not go wrong... find a girl that loves you for you like FG says..

Some women are never happy no matter how much money you have..

Oh and sweet hardware FG. You gonna update Egghead's benchmark thread?

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Good Luck Conan...Hang tough Buddy

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    We've broken up and patched up dozens of times in the past so I hope this one will stick for good.

Conan just remember Love lasts longer than Lust. Seems like you guys are just getting back together each time for lust. just stick with you guns will be hard at first but the temptation will go away with time and you can find another Mrs.

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    Effective "Lusting" requires multiple "targets of lust". You can't base a relationship "lusting" for just one person. What's the fun in that? Nope, you gotta go for love. Besides, its always good to have an "ex" that you can talk about in a bar.

Hang in there.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Well it's all done. She knew that I was going to call it quits before we met, so she tried to cancel it. I said no we have to meet.

After talking and explaining my decision, I tried to hug her goodbye and she pushed me away. So I left immediately. Then she starts calling my cell, telling me thanks for everything and so on, I said you pushed me away so you missed your chance and I don't want to hear what you have to say. I shut off my phone. When I turned it on an hour later, she starts texting me about how she'll always love me and bla-bla-bla did we do the right thing... I never replied.

At first she wanted me to help cover the expenses she incurred for reserving the hotel, live band, wedding rings and photographer (close to $ 1,500 US) and I said I can only do so when I land a job. But later on she said not to help her with it anymore so that we won't have to communicate and really have a fresh start with our own lives. Well how can a guy refuse that?

Well I'd be lying if I said that I don't feel sad. In fact I felt sick to my stomach as I was driving home. But I guess in time I'll feel that this was the right decision.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    well glad you made it back in one piece. I know you feel like shit but inside you gotta know you made the right choice and you'll be a better person because of it.