Thread: Please help me-I got problem with my sound card'driver !!!

Please help me-I got problem with my sound card'driver !!!

Hello!

What's my problem:

I reinstalled my C disk because of virus,i know! I lost some drivers...
    I produce and make music,and i work on propeller Reason,before i done reinstall of c disk my sound was great,clear!
    My sound card is Sis 7018 wave...on propellerhead Reason preferences i have options for dx sis 7018 wave,Primary sound driver and MME Sis 7018 driver.
    So i download driver Sis 7018 for win xp-xp system i got...and i update driver.
    I turn on my Reason-music program and go on preferences and i find that is all ok with these drivers,but it's not ok when i make music my sounds killing and smoothing,sound is not good to empty and bad!

I try with same drivers from different locations on net-download them buth nothing...i got same problem!!!

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME !!!

IF ANYBODY knows somethin about that REPLY me soon so that i can continue work on my new Songs!!!!

THankS !!!

Mihael.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Just to make sure:

http://download.sis.com/download_ste...&os=4&x=15&y=4

YOu downloaded that driver correct?

What are your system Specs?

# Intel Pentium 2 or better
    # 233 MHz or faster
    # 64 Megabytes of RAM
    # CD-ROM drive, Windows 98, ME, 2000 or XP (or later)
    # 256 color monitor (or better), 800x600 or larger
    # A 16 bit Windows compatible audio card, preferably with an ASIO or DirectX driver
    # Microsoft DirectX (if supported by the card)
    # A MIDI interface and a MIDI keyboard (or similar).

That is what is required for Propellerhead Reason software.

What version of Reason are you using? 2.5?

Have you played around in the control panel sound settings?

I don't get what you mean by your sounds killing and smoothing??? Is it flat? Is it jerky? Is the sound too low? Too high?

Have you checked your recording equipment and connections? Is the microphone port turned on too high?

What other software are you using while you are making your recordings? Is your CPU at 100% while recording?

Egghead is the man I'd talk to about sounds. He's a pretty damn good musician and knows his way around a recording studio.

replz

Yes i use reason 2.5.yes,sound is too flat and jerky,i have good machine/1600 mhz 512 meg ram i have that and it-s work,
    I don t know wy but before reinstaling win sound was great!

Well, you could try uninstalling and then reinstalling. Just go to device manager and remove the all the sound products installed.

It could just be a corrupt install of the drivers.

If you are a serious musician, you might consider a PCI sound card. Something like an Audigy 1 or 2 should do it. As the SIS audio is integrated, the performance you will get is based on the system as a whole. Whereas with a PCI card, it does all the audio on the card, without relying much on the system to produce the sound.

You can get an Audigy 2 for about $80:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...119491108&rd=1

And an Audigy 1 for about $45
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...119492539&rd=1

Both would be sufficient and give you much better results than anything an onboard solution might offer.

But if you want to get the problem you are having solved, you might want to try stopping any and all non-essential programs from running.

Check your sound properties in the control panel. See that the settings are correct.

Try recording something, and check your processor. To do that, open task manager and click the performance tab, then start your recording. If the CPU goes to 100% while recording, that could be a sign that your integrated audio is using the CPU too much thus causing the poor results. A PCI card shouldn't do that.

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    make sure you install the agp and ide bus master drivers for your motherboard to enable udma mode

this increases disk performance and might make the difference
    ------------------------------------------------------------

ok thanks!

I think the same as you.
    I am serius musican and soon i will buy new sound card cause this sh..t do not work.

Thanks for help!!

Big respect!

Mihael.

Quote Originally Posted by egghead
    make sure you install the agp and ide bus master drivers for your motherboard to enable udma mode

this increases disk performance and might make the difference
    That's a good idea.