Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: system date changes after restart

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

system date changes after restart

Hi all,
    I have a strange problem. My system date changes after every restart. More specifically, month and day values are interchanged. For example, when I set the system date to september 1, (month = 9, day =1) it becomes january 9 (month = 1 , day = 9) after restart.

thanks in advance.

Could it be a failing motherboard clock battery?
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsiao
    Could it be a failing motherboard clock battery?
    I think it's the battery too.

I am sure there is not a problem with the mainboard battery. Because if don't let xp to boot, system time is preserved even after power down. Another interesting point is that this problem does not occur if I start the system in safe mode.

Battery isn't the problem

I am having same problem I have installed new battery even the old one was lacking just 0.18 volts. Installation of new battery didnt solve the problem

Same problem on 2 computers

Hi, I am having an identical problem on 2 different computers. Both using ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe motherboards. The one i'm working with today, October 5th keeps resetting it's date to May 10th. Same problem as mahmuttufanoglu is experiencing. Date is being reversed. Both computers are fairly new builds so I am doubtful it is the battery as well. Has anyone had any luck with this issue?

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    welcome to the board. if you go to control panel and check your regional settings. This is where you change the date formats.

I have changed the date format but it did not help.

just wondering if you guys have the update time with the internet enabled...wonder if that is mucking up the format.

This system date problem

My system date also changes everytime I boot up. It's correct on the BIOS but by the time I reach the desktop the date has interchanged (month becomes day and vice versa - eg today would be 10th June rather than 6th October). It's okay in Safe Mode, doesn't change. This has only happened since I installed SP2.

Also, I have to activate XP everytime I log on. It tells me I have successfully activated everytime but I have to go through it all again the next time, may be this has something to do with the date changing?

So, has anyone found out what causes it yet?

Cheers,

Podge.

Internet time is disabled and it still does it, unfortunately.

can you guys give us some system specs...maybe its a bug in the mobo.

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    I was thinking a bios flash or patch from your respective mobo manufacturers.Check their support site and read the update histories to find out if there is the same glitch.Post your specs here and maybe someone here can help.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Both systems I am working with have the Asus P4P800-E Deluxe Motheroard. Both were upgraded to SP2 recently. Went back to SP1 on one but it still does the date swap. Thinking it must be some compatibility issue between the board and SP2 though i don't pretend to understand how. Have to pursue it with Asus I guess. Off on holidays for a week though so it will have to wait until I return. Thank you everyone for the suggestions though!

This is my system, let me know if there is anything else you need to know. I have flashed the BIOS and done other stuff via MSI Website and their Live Update facility. The date still changes, don't know what it's going to do when it reaches the 13th October, if it twists that date around it will be the 10th of the 13th, it'll have to invent a new month!

Operating System System Model
    Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) No details available
    Processor a Main Circuit Board b
    1.80 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP
    128 kilobyte primary memory cache
    256 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-6570 NVIDIA nFORCE K7N2G-L
    Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
    BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 08/02/2004
    Drives Memory Modules c,d
    123.51 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    65.88 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

IOMEGA ZIPCD1024INT-A [CD-ROM drive]
    LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-811S [CD-ROM drive]
    3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

HDS722512VLAT20 [Hard drive] (123.52 GB) -- drive 0, s/n VNR3GEC3G49ELK, rev V33OA60A, SMART Status: Healthy 480 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' has 256 MB
    Slot 'A1' is Empty
    Slot 'A2' has 256 MB
    Local Drive Volumes

c: (on drive 0) 123.51 GB 65.88 GB free