Thread: Prevx is available ---- FREE!

Titanium Member

Prevx is available ---- FREE!

Prevx is available ---- FREE!
    Prevx Home is now available as a free download. This follows a long beta period that has shown this to be a very useful tool. If it's anywhere close to their enterprise solutions - it's worth the download. I don't think anyone expected Privx Home to be free after the beta. Any long-term beta users of Prevx here at Wilders? I would like to hear what you think!

John

What is Prevx?

From the Prevx Home website:
    Protect your computer against the next Zero Day Internet Worm, Spyware Installation or Hacker attack.

An essential complement to existing signature based Anti Virus and Personal Firewall products, the Host Intrusion Prevention capabilities of Prevx Home are the only realistic defense against the latest breed of fast moving attacks.

Within the simple yet powerful user interface of Prevx Home reside multiple layers of dynamic security settings. These enable Prevx Home to catch and stop new, never before seen attacks at many points where they may attempt to compromise your machine.

'Two Click' Installation - Easy to download and install, get protected within minutes
    Simple Security Settings - Easily tune how you would like your copy of Prevx Home to behave when it finds something suspicious
    Internet Worm Protection - Protects your machine against the next fast moving Worm, without any need for you to update your system!
    Generic Protection - Maintain a high protection level at all times with this non-signature approach that requires no constant updating
    Spyware Installation Protection - An end to the invisible installation of all manner of malware whilst you browse the Web
    Hacker Protection - Defeats targeted hacking on your computer by blocking the most frequently used hack attack vectors
    Dynamic Security Setting Updates - Check for new or revised security settings for your operating system or the applications you use
    Intrusion Alerts - Instantly see details of any defeated intrusion and have the option to pass details on to the PREVX team
    Intuitive Interface - Access the product Preferences, Event Log and Security Settings options of Prevx Home and make changes to protection levels with easy to use controls
    Attack Log - Keeps a history of all defeated Intrusions for analysis at any time
    Low Overhead - Small disk and processor requirement gives powerful protection without significant performance overhead
    https://www.prevx.com/pressroom_homeOfficialLaunch.htm
    https://www.prevx.com/homeoffice/pre.../prevxhome.htm

Has anyone tried this? Results? Thanks

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    this program seems great!!!

just installed and so far impressed.

what are your thought Lynchknot?
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Did you see the phone home feature - that's wierd for a security product. On Wilders some of the guys are running amok. There isn't even a privacy policy on the page - so watch out

Ruben

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    so far it catches everything i throw at it

it even prevents norton from moving viruses. it displays a warning that a program is doing something...

sorry - at a loss for the exact wording

it also alkerts me to hacker programs running etc...

very col so far

i will check out the privacy phone home thingy
    ------------------------------------------------------------

I read good reports from several sources that I trust so I'm giving it a try. Thanks for the tip.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Been using Prevx for a while with only one glitch.I can't get Word Lab(a word game) to start when Prevx is loaded.Works fine when I disable though.I have updated many times with no problems.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I have used it a bit but it never did anything - just sat there looking like a jesters hat. Perhaps my other protection was stopping it from getting anything to protect me from. Host based IDS is the way to go though, I'm all for it - a little thingy, you know, in there, watching everything like a hawk. You got to do something with all those extra clock cycles, I haven't been able to out-type my PC since the days of the 386.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Ohhh, don't worry, we can give you lots of tips on how to take your CPU all the way up to 100%

Not sure about it

I just booted that machine and did a Windows Update on it. I always login as %user% and do 'runas' %admin% -- Windows Update. It didn't warn me about anything despite the obvious changing of lots and lots of system files. My outpost firewall told me plenty about changes to IE - PrevX nada. Prevx cut in when the antivirus started updating itself though and generated 7 events.
    That just can't be right.