Prevx Home is now available as a free download. This follows a long beta period that has shown this to be a very useful tool. If it's anywhere close to their enterprise solutions - it's worth the download. I don't think anyone expected Privx Home to be free after
the beta. Any long-term beta users of Prevx here at Wilders? I would like to hear what you think!
What is Prevx?
From the Prevx Home website
Protect your computer against the next Zero Day Internet Worm, Spyware Installation or Hacker attack.
An essential complement to existing signature based Anti Virus and Personal Firewall products, the Host Intrusion Prevention capabilities of Prevx Home are the only realistic defense against the latest breed of fast moving attacks.
Within the simple yet powerful user interface of Prevx Home reside multiple layers of dynamic security settings. These enable Prevx Home to catch and stop new, never before seen attacks at many points where they may attempt to compromise your machine.
'Two Click' Installation
- Easy to download and install, get protected within minutes
Simple Security Settings
- Easily tune how you would like your copy of Prevx Home to behave when it finds something suspicious
Internet Worm Protection
- Protects your machine against the next fast moving Worm, without any need for you to update your system!
- Maintain a high protection level at all times with this non-signature approach that requires no constant updating
Spyware Installation Protection
- An end to the invisible installation of all manner of malware whilst you browse the Web
- Defeats targeted hacking on your computer by blocking the most frequently used hack attack vectors
Dynamic Security Setting Updates
- Check for new or revised security settings for your operating system or the applications you use
- Instantly see details of any defeated intrusion and have the option to pass details on to the PREVX team
- Access the product Preferences, Event Log and Security Settings options of Prevx Home and make changes to protection levels with easy to use controls
- Keeps a history of all defeated Intrusions for analysis at any time
- Small disk and processor requirement gives powerful protection without significant performance overhead