Thread: CATALYST™ Control Center

CATALYST™ Control Center

ATI’s all-new CATALYST™ Control Center goes far beyond traditional driver configuration software—it’s a feature-rich and stable 3D acceleration control application that puts you in complete command of your ATI visual processing unit (VPU). CATALYST™ Control Center offers exceptional graphics performance and visual quality for the ultimate in performance, stability, and innovation. Safe GPU overclocking, custom profiles, and assignable hotkeys are just a few of the many new features. You’ll also enjoy frequent updates, reliable customer service, and an interactive user feedback program, all backed by ATI’s technical confidence, industry-leading capability, and uncompromising commitment to creating your ultimate visual experience.

At-a-glance
    • Industry’s most stable 3D acceleration control software
    • Exceptional graphics performance and breathtaking visual quality
    • Safe GPU overclocking, custom profiles, assignable hotkeys
    • New programmable features and functions, new developer’s kit
    • Frequent updates backed by ATI customer support, user feedback program
    • Support for Microsoft® Windows® XP, XP Media Center Edition Windows® 2000

Download-CATALYST Control Center - (Supported on the RADEON 9500, RADEON 9600, RADEON 9700, RADEON 9800, RADEON X300, RADEON X600, or RADEON X800 Series of products). If you’ve already downloaded the CATALYST 4.8 driver and you have one the products listed above, you only need to download the new CATALYST Control Center. Note you must have Microsoft’s .NET Version 1.1 Framework installed.

Download-CATALYST 4.8 driver and the new CATALYST™ Control Center (Supported on the RADEON 9500, RADEON 9600, RADEON 9700, RADEON 9800, RADEON X300, RADEON X600, or RADEON X800 Series of products). Note you must have Microsoft’s .NET Version 1.1 Framework installed.

Download-Microsoft’s .NET version 1.1 framework from Microsoft.com.

Download - CATALYST 4.8 driver and the legacy Control Panel (Supported on all RADEON based products)

Release Notes - CATALYST 4.8 | CATALYST Control Center
    Download - CATALYST Control Center beta SDK (.CHM)
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Ahhh...cool...so it's out. Who has tried it?

I just tried it yesterday. It seems to be no different from the ForceWare driver of Nvidia! If you have ever used the ForceWare drivers, you'll know what the Control Centre is. Sadly though, I don't seem to get the option to overclock my videocard. I know that only certain models support overclocking but I am not sure what.

I uninstalled it after 15mins. The program hung up on me thrice! And I had no use for hotkeys and profiles. (I just turn everything to full). And I could find not option for overclocking which I wanted to do so badly so I uninstalled it and am back to good old Catalyst 4.8 driver.

I am not sure of other people's experience.
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield

Titanium Member
    Hung up on you? What do you mean? I'm having trouble booting as cpu is stuck at 100% with only 3 apps in system tray. I'm thinking it is that - that is causing the problem. I'm using PE to post.

*edit - uninstalled - back to normal
    Last edited by lynchknot; September 6th, 2004 at 22:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchknot
    Hung up on you? What do you mean? I'm having trouble booting as cpu is stuck at 100% with only 3 apps in system tray. I'm thinking it is that - that is causing the problem. I'm using PE to post.

*edit - uninstalled - back to normal
    Well hung up as in it completely became unresponsive when I clicked on certain options. I hate very much programs that become unresponsive so into the recycle bin and out the magnetic highway it went.
    ~Chesterfield

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    I tried this with the new 4.9 Catalyst and it's still pretty buggy. I actually lost control of my Screen Color adjustments (no option to save). I uninstalled it after a few minutes.

ATI 9600XT video card here with catalyst v4.9 and control centre. Besides that it takes a bit before the control centre is launched (including the boring splash screen) it works fine here and finally made me aware what "overdrive" meant, so i enabled that 27Mhz increase in clock speed Woohoo!

So im quite happy with it except that it will probably take ages to load on a slower than 2.8GHz machine...
    Get Quintessential player, the alternative to winamp! ( www.quinnware.com )

I don't own an ATi myself as yet, but seeing as its gaining in prominence, there's a question that popped-up:

What happens if I don't have .NET framework 1.1 (or higher) installed?
    I guess the drivers will install fine, but the CPL would install but not run - is that how it is?
    Cheers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by prathapml
    I don't own an ATi myself as yet, but seeing as its gaining in prominence, there's a question that popped-up:

What happens if I don't have .NET framework 1.1 (or higher) installed?
    I guess the drivers will install fine, but the CPL would install but not run - is that how it is?
    I suppose so, i havent tried it out tho. Ive got already enough problems with this machine
    Get Quintessential player, the alternative to winamp! ( www.quinnware.com )