Thread: downloading windows updates

Triple Platinum Member

Question downloading windows updates

i use a dial up and henc my download sped is pretty slow...is it possible to download windows updates using a download manger like the download accelerator or something?

No, it will not help. The microsoft update environment depends on a scan to determine which updates you need. Once you decide which you need, everything is automatic. Your download manager does not control that process. The best thing for you to do is send for the free SP2 update CD or take your computer to a friend's house that has broadband.

Go ahead and install Download Accelerator or Star Downloader. They will help with other downloads. The result is dramatic using dial-up.
    Last edited by efc; September 7th, 2004 at 14:11 PM.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Triple Platinum Member
    ic...but suppose there is just one update i want...namley the .net framework 1.1... can't i get it from anywhere else on the web but from the windows update site?

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    if you go to the windows corp. update then you can pick and choose what updates.

heres the link for the update catalog. http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
    Last edited by phishhead; September 7th, 2004 at 14:33 PM.

Triple Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phishhead
    if you go to the windows corp. update then you can pick and choose what updates.

heres the link for the update catalog. http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
    thanks!...i wonder how i did not think of that...