Hi All,

I hope somebody can help, I've looked through countless forums on the net and found that many people have this or similar problem - BUT - have yet to find anyone who has found or being given a solution to it.

The problem is this:- When I 'Ctrl-Alt-Del' I do not get the Task Manager as I should, I get absolutely nothing at all. I've tried the alternatives 'Ctrl-Shift-Esc' and right clicking in the Status Bar and selecting 'Task Manager' but with the same non-responsive result!

A few weeks back I was hit with the FLICKING Klez virus (which I'm sure is the cause of the disappearing Task Manager), I got rid of this with Norton AV. I have checked the system files against the WinXP CD and find that although most are there, there are a couple which I dont know where they should be located on the HD. I've tried straight copying them across but they are compressed in some way and I also cannot work out how to uncompress them.

Has anybody here come across this problem and more importantly has anyone got a solution?

BTW - I'm rapidly going bald, pulling my hair out over this one!!

Greg.