Thread: Longhorn Transformation Pack 7

Thumbs up Longhorn Transformation Pack 7

This small piece of software will transform your Windows XP (and SP2) or Windows Server 2003 into the best looking Longhorn port that is available right now, without any extra software!
    More information

This program is awesome - to say the least. Download and see. Even if it doesn't work from the first time smoothly, try reinstalling. That's how it worked for me. It did slow down boot time a bit, but for the eye candy I'm getting in return, heck! And it has *many* themes you can try.

Take a look at my screenshots. Note that I've disabled the sidebar which is cool, but was causing a few problems.
    Last edited by hotmale; September 11th, 2004 at 21:10 PM.

i heard that this screws up ur system a bit.
    is that true?

In what way? Do you mean it slows it down? As I've mentioned, it does slow up boot time a bit (30-45 sec.) and it didn't work properly from the first time. What you've heard about might have been fixed in this new version.

Will it completely change the files or anythign else if I
    switch to Longhorn from my Windows XP Home Edition?

And if I decide I don't like it, which I problay will,
    would I be able to change it back?

If that's how longhorn is going to look like, i think im going to stick with windows xp
    Get Quintessential player, the alternative to winamp! ( www.quinnware.com )

Quote Originally Posted by Content
    Will it completely change the files or anythign else if I
    switch to Longhorn from my Windows XP Home Edition?

And if I decide I don't like it, which I problay will,
    would I be able to change it back?
    I don't think it changes anything. Just adds some theme files. I've switched back to Luna (after I got bored) without any problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Mundi
    If that's how longhorn is going to look like, i think im going to stick with windows xp
    No that's not what LH will look like. It's one of the several themes included in the pack.

Here are some screens of LH:
    http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/longhorn_aero.asp

Just a quick longhorn related question: Do you guys know the system requirements for longhorn? Ie will the OS be ''faster'' than winXP?
    Get Quintessential player, the alternative to winamp! ( www.quinnware.com )

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    From what I recall, the system requirements will be higher than those of XP. The graphics engine is supposed to be significantly improved however.

I also heard from my school's admin that it has very high requirements. He's running it on his (rather new) laptop and he told me that he had to disable some of its features.

Microsoft is expected to recommend that the "average" Longhorn PC feature a dual-core CPU running at 4 to 6GHz; a minimum of 2 gigs of RAM; up to a terabyte of storage; a 1 Gbit, built-in, Ethernet-wired port and an 802.11g wireless link; and a graphics processor that runs three times faster than those on the market today.

That's according to developer sources close to the company. Microsoft officials would not comment on the Longhorn reference implementation.
    http://www.osviews.com/modules.php?o...96&mode=thread

Longhorn will have 3 sections. One is Jade which is low resources. That will probably have the system requirements of 500mhz, 256mb ram, 32mb graphics. This design will be similar to Windows 2000.
    Slate, which has a bit more graphic features then Jade, will probably have about 1ghz, 500mb ram, 128mb graphics required. This design will be similar to Windows XP.
    The full aero, which will probably need 2ghz, 1gb ram, 256mb graphics to run propertly. I highly doubt that the system requirements will be over 2ghz as microsoft do want people to update to it lol.
    http://www.flexbeta.net/forums/index...ndpost&p=40176

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmale
    I also heard from my school's admin that it has very high requirements. He's running it on his (rather new) laptop and he told me that he had to disable some of its features.
    This, in part, might be due to the fact that Longhorn is still in alpha (it's not beta yet is it?) and may have some huge memory leaks and is probably missing lots of optimisation.

Titanium Member

longhorn gui kit

Here's something new
    Last edited by rik; December 23rd, 2004 at 20:24 PM. Reason: Links no longer valid

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    That looks cool LK.