September 16th, 2004, 18:53 PM
DVD player with video-capture
Do anyone know if there exists dvd players for computers (like Power DVD etc) which have a recording button? So you easily can record small (low quality mpg) video clips from a dvd ?
September 16th, 2004, 19:58 PM
This is one solution:
1. Download VirtualDub.
2. Check that you have the necessary codecs installed.
3. Open the VOB in VirtualDub.
4. --Will take some time for it to analyse the video--
5. Now, you can choose to get audio or only video, or whatever....
6. Use the time-line marker, to cut from a specified point to a specified point.
7. Now save that much of video, using the codec/file-extension you want.
There are definitely more advanced possibilities, but this one is simple enough, and fully freeware.
September 17th, 2004, 16:30 PM
Thanks. I had VD but innstalled latest version.
But it wont open any VOB. When trying, I just get this error message.