Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Move over Hummer

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar

Move over Hummer

Warrenville, IL (September 13, 2004) What hauls six tons, can seat a football team’s offensive line and, for kids over 20 who miss playing with trucks in the sandbox, is the ultimate toy for extreme work and play? The International CXT, the world’s biggest production pick-up truck for commercial business owners and the newest truck from International Truck and Engine Corporation.

International, the operating company of Navistar International Corporation and a leading truck manufacturer, will officially unveil the International CXT on Thursday, Sept. 16, at its plant in Garland, Texas.

“The International CXT brings new meaning to ‘everything is big in Texas,’” said Garland Mayor Bob Day. “There is nothing on the road as bold, strong and tough as this truck, and we are delighted that International Truck and Engine Corporation will manufacture it here in Garland.”

Full Story: International

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    This is the excuse I was looking for to build a detached garage! I'm calling the dealer right now!

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

HOTA DAMN - that looks great !!

Really looks like a toy in that picture.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.~ Groucho

You need an excuse to build a detatched garage? Good god, I would sell Grandma for the land to do so & then fallate my bank manager for the funds

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Diesel Gotta love that. Light on the bank account. It needs knobby tires though.

Hmmn can you drop it from an airplane landing upsidedown in a swamp, turn it over and drive away?

Titanium Member
    My neighbor down the street has one - if not this make, it's a semi truck/tractor and all he does is pull his ATV trailer (the kind that you put your bikes/atvs into it and the whole rear drops down like a ramp) with it. He's filthy rich - has every toy imaginable.
    Last edited by lynchknot; September 19th, 2004 at 06:00 AM.

WOW, that looks like YET ANOTHER gas-guzzling, road-hogging, corner-flipping, engine-exploding, pedestrian-mauling, suburb-wrecking waste of time!

Gotta get me one of those!
    Last edited by alliswoe; September 19th, 2004 at 21:44 PM.

Greatly appreciated Z3N!!!

Actually if it is a diesel it will get far better fuel economy than a gasoline counterpart. And seeing as it is a diesel, the engines are built to run literally millions of miles before major repair. They can go longer before they are due an oil change, they don't use spark plugs. Their tires usually last longer and can be retread for extended usage.

My father is a diesel mechanic and we own several diesel powered vehicles as well as 2 Mack CHN series trucks.

That said, diesel sure does stink, and the size of this beast is over the top. But I'd still enjoy driving it. I wonder if you need a CDL to drive it?

Titanium Member
    CDL is usually, I think, I weight class issue.

edit -

The Federal standard requires States to issue a CDL to drivers according to the following license classifications:

Class A -- Any combination of vehicles with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds.

Class B -- Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR.

Class C -- Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that does not meet the definition of Class A or Class B, but is either designed to transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver, or is placarded for hazardous materials.
    Last edited by lynchknot; September 19th, 2004 at 23:55 PM.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    Actually if it is a diesel it will get far better fuel economy than a gasoline counterpart.
    The newer diesel engines like the ones in the BMW 5 series and X5 models consume it at Petrol-like levels. My friend made a joke of these diesel BMW's "You have 5 million (Pesos) to buy a BMW but no money for gas you have to get a diesel?!"

Hows this baby - very echo friendly and fuel efficient.

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alliswoe
    WOW, that looks like YET ANOTHER gas-guzzling, road-hogging, corner-flipping, engine-exploding, pedestrian-mauling, suburb-wrecking waste of time!

Gotta get me one of those!

Absolutley.

I'm getting the Dark Blue color with dual stacks, air horns, roof lights, a class 4 tow hitch, DVD player for the back seat, and fuzzy dice.

Last edited by petard; September 20th, 2004 at 02:15 AM.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Quote Originally Posted by lynchknot
    CDL is usually, I think, I weight class issue.

edit -
    It barely made the cutoff:

GVWR: 25,999 lbs. (Non-Commercial Drivers License applicable)

I cannot believe it. That has to be the closest to NON-CDL specs as you can get. Don't expect to be drag racing that 220hp engine:

Engine: International® DT466 I-6 diesel, 220 HP, 540 lb.ft. Torque

LOL How can it have such a tiny diesel engine? And with a 70 gallon tank, your wallet better be phat.

Fuel: Polished Aluminum 70 gallon Diesel

http://www.internationaldelivers.com.../CXTdetail.pdf

The specs in detail above.