Thread: Which laptop would you buy ?

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar

Which laptop would you buy ?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&skuId=6717939 or http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...115-138&depa=3

If anyone knows of a better (spec's/quality) LT in this price range feel free to jump in

Thanks.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Not really an expert about laptops but isn't Centrino the one to get? They still don't have ddr 400 for laptops?

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    Last edited by egghead; September 20th, 2004 at 01:39 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Bronze Member
    me- i am very biased. i like toshiba laptops esp with the dvd r/w +- features. if i had to do it over... i would do the same.

as far as prices go- try google's froogle for price comparison. i have also been told many retailers sell discounted prices on ebay.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    Not really an expert about laptops but isn't Centrino the one to get?
    If you live on batteries they are, plus they're pretty powerful for the 1.5/1.6/1.7/1.8ghz they have. Only the top A64 & P4's beat them
    Quote Originally Posted by egghead
    my personal choice at all costs
    http://www.ecsusa.com/products/g900.html
    That looks like a nice LT but it's $500 more for better sound & 17" display, plus I can't find one for sale in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by cityman
    me- i am very biased. i like toshiba laptops
    I agree, I have a pretty new Toshiba A60 S166 but I'm giving it to my son for school. Like I always do in great FastGame fashion when my son gets my stuff then I get something better Since I'm on the road alot in motels with highspeed net I want to game online. The Toshiba gaming LT cost a bunch of $$$, they do have great displays(high end models) but is it worth the extra $$$ ?

Anyway after searching the net for the LT egghead recommends I ran across some hardcore LT forums The COMPAL CL56 seems to be very popular and quite a game LT. The eMachine 6811 is also a killer LT but I guess the display hinge is known to crack on the eMachines....

I like this COMPAL CL56 but I'm worried about the SXGA+ display and the 1400x1050 32-bit Resolution. Movies & games would look nice but would I be able to read text at that res on 15" ?

I was hoping BB would also have some input, but I don't think he'll talk to me anymore unless I get rid of my guns
    Last edited by FastGame; September 20th, 2004 at 16:58 PM.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Probably any laptop with the new P4 Dotham and Mobile 9700 IGP would be the best bet, else A64mobile versions...?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---