Thread: Drivers caused undesired outcome...

Drivers caused undesired outcome...

first off... i got a Dell latitude d600 from school. It has a ATI mobility 9000 card in it.

next

i downloaded new drivers when CoH(city of heroes) came out, because the ones i had couldnt play the game...

I "THINK" i downloaded catalyst drivers or something, though im not sure...i tried alot of things before i could get it to work....

Anyway, after i installed the mystery drivers, it worked, BUT, the undesired outcome came about...

(my comps default resolution is 1400/1050)
    Now whenever i go into a game that is a different resolution that default resolution, (even when i change my desktop resolution) The viewed screen will shrink....800/600 is like looking at a gameboy.

ive tried changing drivers again but it doesnt seem to have any effect.
    Anyone know what i can do?

or what drivers i should get / from where?

Its too late to rollback, or sys restore.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Use driver cleaner. Reboot, and reinstall the drivers. Make sure you get a stable release that works with Moblie graphics.

http://support.dell.com/support/down...leaseid=R82040

That one from dell should work. You can get driver cleaner from the site below:

http://techzonez.com/comments.php?sh...driver+cleaner

i just tried that..

used driver cleaner...cleaned everything ATI on the list =\
    reset
    then installed the drivers...
    reset
    didnt work..

=\ maybe its not the card drivers?

It could be the game. try another game and see if you get similar results. If not, then you know it's the game. Look for a patch or an update. If not, you may not be able to play it without putting up with the resolution quirk.

its every game/ but not just games, its just whenever the resolution is changed from 1400/1050. granted, for certain games, i can go into the video options and set the resolution for the game to be 1400/1050 and it will be normal again, but in some games, they dont have that option, or the resolutions dont go up to 1400/1050

Then that is not the fault of the driver, the laptop, or the graphics card. It is the game's issue. Contact the maker of the game. If not you'll have to play at the reduced resolution.

A friend of mine has a dell and the same thing happens. His resolution is 1600X1200 or something like that, and when certain games are played it lowers it down automatically. Depending on the game, you can usually increase it back.. but then it plays like poo.

Check the game maker's website or contact them via email.

the thing is... it wasnt like this when i first got the comp..

i reformated and decided to upgrade my drivers, mainly due to CoH not being able to be played..

Like i said, when i installed those new drivers, the game worked, but the resolution became screwed up ( it shrinks the whole screen)

is there any way to get it back to normal? or does anyone know what drivers caused this?

its not the game, because the games played fine before i installed (something) - (drivers im assuming)