Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The good 'ol days

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phishhead
    or like I was mentioning to rev and boogs maybe put a disclaimer that flaming and disrespect will lead to a perm. ban.
    If we are creating a forum where members are clashing and ultimately deciding that techzonez is no longer a curious learning place and valued members are deciding to log in less frequently then we should think about who we are and where we are going..........

I like the idea of keeping the political forum as long as people don't bash members for saying whatever....

i like questions and answers type forums

debating forums are a challenge and we will need to realize that arguments are a fact of a debate or opinion
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    How many other forums are there on TZ besides the political forum? There are 32. If you are not interested in politics, hey I understand. I'm not a big fan of web design, so I seldom post there Unless there's some crazy site I'd like to share with the members of TZ.

debating forums are a challenge and we will need to realize that arguments are a fact of a debate or opinion
    I could never have said that any better.

I should hope that LK and others who have similar opinions value TZ more than this. I can't imagine TZ without them.

But users who slag users will be warned and then banned. If you feel a post slags you , please report it.

There are plenty of places to bash America (the country I served in uniform and out for over 27 years) and my President on the internet. The difference is that I don't bump into those places several times a day.

Civility was one of the main reasons that I became involved with TZ. It has always been a nice place to spend time. At least until recently.

There are always compromises that can be applied. We could go back to repairing computers and tweaking software, and provide a link to a red meat political forum. That would provide a method for those that crave the battle to access a forum for their message. Taking it off the page will keep the rest of us from bumping into increasingly provocative topics. This isn't the only suggestion, however it is one to get the discussion started.

There is another underlying message here. Those voting to remove the political forum knew that they would be criticized as advocating censorship. They waded into direct criticism in order to get us back to our original mission. This is really bothering some or it wouldn't have bubbled up the way it did. If a solution isn't found, we run the risk of loosing some long time members that have contributed much to the core reason for TZ existing.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    Political discussions should be conducted on COD game servers.

I'm staying away from the TZ Political forum now. This is a Computer Technical Forum site - for computer tech stuff. And we're actually guests in someone's "house". I come here for tech-talk, tech-news, tech-jokes, and tech-fun. Politics are never fun.

I agree with EFC wholeheartedly.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

The crazyy thing is, that the offending post isn't even in the Politics section ??

It's in the web-design area.

Maybe we should get rid of that as well.

So what are we saying, that politics cannot be discussed in any thread ??

Well I guess we'll need to draw up some guildlines so people will know what they can and can't talk about, so no-one gets in trouble and no-one gets upset.

Because chances are its gonna make its way back into the General chat at some stage, there is a war on after all.
    Last edited by z3n; September 28th, 2004 at 17:53 PM.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.~ Groucho

Titanium Member
    The crazyy thing is, that the offending post isn't even in the Politics section ??

Maybe we should get rid of that as well.
    PERHAPS it's not the forum's fault, but rather some personalities/attitudes.

Action: Political and Religious Topics. There are many other forums specifically for political and religious debates, this is not one of them. [edited] is a graphics community and since these types of posts usually result in heated debates and flaming, they should be avoided.
    Result: Threads are closed and/or removed.
    I should hope that LK and others who have similar opinions value TZ more than this. I can't imagine TZ without them.
    - It is because I value TZ that I started this thread. I care about the direction of this board and most of it's members and I do not like what I am seeing. I am also sensitive enough to realize that it is affecting negatively, our community.
    Last edited by lynchknot; September 28th, 2004 at 18:14 PM.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    I wish we could all just agree to disagree. Like me and my mom...shes a born again christian and conservative republican and I'm an atheist liberal democrat and we just dont bring up politics and religion and our relationship is fine as can be.

Titanium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phishhead
    I wish we could all just agree to disagree. Like me and my mom...shes a born again christian and conservative republican and I'm an atheist liberal democrat and we just dont bring up politics and religion and our relationship is fine as can be.
    Just like the good 'ol days at TZ - bringing up our shared interests not our differences.

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    I like Angelina Jolie. Does anybody else like Angelina Jolie? She has big lips!

said mail message from responsibility for any feelings of sarcasm that the reader of said mail message may have interpreted from the text of the aforementioned mail message in the impersonal, but highly necessary, environment of electronic mail."

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

oh yeah is she a hottie. didnt care for her in skycaptian though.

Titanium Member
    I like Jennifer Garner's lips. They are large but "streamlined".

right you are lynch thats another one. so did they give alias the brush off. dont remember seeing anything about a new season.

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    I say keep it just as it is and make your own choice as to whether you would like to respond to political views.I like to think of myself as more than just one thing.And I certainly think of all my friends here at TZ as more than their political views.If anyone backs away or chooses not to debate with abrasive people then I fully respect that.If I don't like the heat I get out of the kitchen.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Titanium Member
    My vote goes for making it a private section - but then it would not be visible to guests so..........I don't know. What's really important here?

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lynchknot
    My vote goes for making it a private section - but then it would not be visible to guests so..........I don't know. What's really important here?
    Lynchy,I think the important thing is to try to stay out of the debating society and keep our own houses in order.It's tough for me to stay out but I know there are people that can handle it a lot better than me.Your presence here is important and not just your political views or choice not to express them here.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.