Thread: DOES XP2 INCLUDES EVERTHING IN SP1 & MORE?

DOES XP2 INCLUDES EVERTHING IN SP1 & MORE?

Hi,
    I have NOt kept up with the stories & nightmares, with SP2. Unforseen circumstances forced me to Reformat & Re-install XP Home ED.
    Well. I thought , why Not SP2 now, since I am going in with a clean Slate.
    So, far everything is okay ( kock on wood ) . My question is , I do not need any of the programs in SP1 anymore,?? Is most of SP1 included in SP2 and how come I don't see .Net Framework in my ADD/Remove ??

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    SP2 includes all updates, so no need for SP1. However .Net framework is not part of SP2.

Does .Net Framework necessary if I don't use Hotmail , and what does it do specifically ??

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by niteghost
    Does .Net Framework necessary if I don't use Hotmail , and what does it do specifically ??
    Answers here:

http://www.andymcm.com/dotnetfaq.htm#1.1

Honestly, if you don't know what it's for then you probably don't need it. But there are some programs that require .Net to function properly.

Yes true, this is becasue some of these programs use the language functions in .NET framework.
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield