Thread: Help with Connections Please

Exclamation Help with Connections Please

hello.

i had a couple questions about fan connections. i have this case:
    http://www.circotech.com/x-blade-pc-...ower-case.html

the first question is. i have an exhaust fan with neon light , standard power cable to connect to the powersupply, but, theres another cable attached to the fan, its white and it has a female 3 pin connector. i assume its power, since when i hook the fan up to the psu the light dont work, but the fan does. where do i hook up the white cable?

also on the case in the above link, there is a control mod that i got with it, to control fan speeds and see various info and whatnot. well for the fans there are cables coming from this module that have a male 2 pin connector, it looks similiar to a psu power connector. does anyone know how this hooks up to fans? the fans have male connectors also..so i have no clue what thats all about.

anyhelp would be great. of course the case company did not include a manual and im not even sure thay HAVE a manuel. bleh.

-thank you

Here is a link that discusses the different cables on case fans. The instructions are at the bottom of the page. Your MB may not be able to utilize the three pin rpm option. Check the MB model mfg and model number which will be on a label on the MB. Then do a google search for documentation. It is likely that you will be able to find tech info and a manual with diagrams. These are usually pdf files.

Be certain that you know the purpose of pins on the MB before plugging things into it.
    Last edited by efc; October 1st, 2004 at 18:01 PM.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

i think you forgot to post the link

Sorry, it is active now.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

ok, i actually got the post wrong. there are 2 3 pin connectors with this fan. so there is 1 power connecter and 2 3-pin connectors for the motherboard. i plugged in one of the 3 pion connectors and the fan light didnt light up, i then tried the second 3pin connector, no light. any ideas?

ok i got it. the case came with some sort of mini power junction that hooks tot he psu and lets a 3 pin connecter for neon lights hook up to it.

hehe

thanx anyways, sry to confuse.