Thread: Getting Word to do what I'd like it to do

Getting Word to do what I'd like it to do

My Word is Word 2002.

If I type straight text in Word (as in a letter with paragraphs), Word does not capitalize the first letter of the first word of the second line automatically. But if I type almost to the end of a (any line) and just before the left margin of the page hit the enter bar, the cursor moves to the next line. Fine. But now if I hit the space bar twice and begin typing, Word insist on capitalizing the first letter of the first word I type on that next line.

Is there a way to stop Word from engaging in this automatic capitalizing?

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I use Word 2003, so I am not sure it this is absolutely the same, but just click tools, then click Autocorrect options, and under AUTOCORRECT, uncheck the capitalization features that you do not need. Click ok, and then restart word. It should work.

Well, BB, that did the trick. I went tools > AutoCorrect and dechecked "Capitalize the first fletter of sentences." Interesting if not strange that Words interprets my 2-space indentation of a 2nd. line of the same sentence as the starting of a new sentence.

Thanks.
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Ms office is really annoying in that it ALWAYS uses the default settings. I spend way to much time applying different settings to my excel graphs for example, its driving me nuts. If there were only an option you can make office remember the settings previously used...
    Get Quintessential player, the alternative to winamp! ( www.quinnware.com )

A Macro Virus utilizes the programming and scripting features
    and it hides in Microsoft applications such as Word.

search for that and simply remove it if you haven't already
    then see if you have any more typing problems man.

hope that helps