Thread: Asus A7N8X Deluxe SATA Controller BIOS

Asus A7N8X Deluxe SATA Controller BIOS

OK I have a version 2.0 Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo which has onboard Sil 3112A SATA controller. When I first got it, it would not recognize my SATA HD during a clean install. I would of had to install the third party drivers. So what I'm trying to do it flash the controller's BIOS so when I install a new SATA HD it will recognize it. Can someone lead me to the correct BIOS and flash utility?

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    first off you need to enable the SATA controller via jumpers on your mobo. then regardless you have to install the 3rd party drivers from floppy.

But what if you don't have a floppy? That's stupid. Many people told me they set up a SATA drive as the primary without a floppy.........

well I guess if you have an image on cd or dvd you can just image the sata drive. but I currently have my sata as a back up and my ide hd is my active partition with xp on it.

Yeah I also have a similar setup, IDE as primary and SATA as secondary. But I don't see why this is so hard to do. I mean who the hell wants to install a floppy now-a-days? I mean you shouldn't have to do that.

I'm with ya. when I build my 64 bit amd I really dont want to install a floppy just to load the sata/scsi drivers. I mean there should be a way to install from cd.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo
    But what if you don't have a floppy? That's stupid. Many people told me they set up a SATA drive as the primary without a floppy.........
    I've done that too, no drivers required though I do have a floppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    I've done that too, no drivers required though I do have a floppy.
    See mixed answers. So it all boils down to if your SATA controller recognizes the HD or not. How rediculous, I mean have you ever heard of the IDE controller not recognizing the IDE HD? No. I guess I'll just wait until I build my Athlon64 system next year to use a SATA HD as the primary.
    www.mightymo.net