Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Hotmail's 250MB upgrade

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    My sister's account hasn't get upgraded yet, either. But she did not try any tricks. She did not known even that hotmail has been upgrading to 250 (What you don't know, doesn't hurt )

Platinum+ Member
    I havent got my 250mb till now. Ive tried 'loire' in france, and some state/region is australia (dont remember). Im still waiting............................
    I have gmail, but still - its nasty not to have 250mb when so many of my friends who dont even know they had 250mb have 250mb.
    they should give space out based on usage or something.

Triple Platinum Member
    funny...i have a feeling they realized wat was going on and disabled the upgrade to accounts which logged a change in profile in the recent past...

or maybe if they are doing it by region they migh have passed the region u selected.. and u might need to try another one..

Quote Originally Posted by hotmail250
    You can use the following Trick:

PS.It worked, however i guess the Florida thing is simply a diversion because new hotmail accounts are given 250 by default now. So the trick is to actually "de-activate and re-activate the account" only !
    The trick worked like a charm for me, thanks.
    Last edited by Reverend; March 21st, 2005 at 19:22 PM.

but the bottom line will always be the same, shift to gmail for the best mail service on this planet.

Quote Originally Posted by adeydas
    but the bottom line will always be the same, shift to gmail for the best mail service on this planet.
    You bet!

people people, look at gmail; over 2GB of space. if you don't want gmail, try yahoo; 250MB of space and they have plans to make it 1GB soon. or try rediffmail.com, they provide 1GB as well.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    but none provides access thru Outlook or Outlook Express (or thunderbird, or whatever) for the free service. Recently I got a notice from Hotmail that they will stop the Outlook OE access for free new accounts

Platinum+ Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dehcbad25
    but none provides access thru Outlook or Outlook Express (or thunderbird, or whatever) for the free service. Recently I got a notice from Hotmail that they will stop the Outlook OE access for free new accounts
    Gmail provides free pop3 access for OE, Outlook, thunderbird, etc
    All Hail the Google God, All Hail Gmail...
    Link

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Looks like this upgrade is never going to happen to my hotmail e-mail.

well, still 2mb... how many days it took for changes? i have already following how to upgrade the capacity... mh... im little bit confused... which part i have to change the location... in the profile, theres a work location, home location and bla..bla... and also, i try to changes it all... but nothing different? still 2mb... can someone do a favor? plisss....

Unhappy MSN account cannot be CLOSE!!!

Yoo guys, pliz help me...
    i try to upgrade my msn account by changing the country to united state, and wrote florida, zip code 33332... but when it ask for closing account... error "Due to an internal error your request cannot be processed.
    We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later"
    so what happen?

i have hotmail ([email protected]) account too, and it works.
    can you guys help me? is there another way to upgrade my msn account? thanks!

The same happened with me as well but I kept on trying and I can't remember exactly wat I did that night but the next day when I opened my account it was nt 250 MB but 2000 MB.Beleave me or nt but it is true.I again tried it on a couple of my friends accounts but it did'nt worked.
    I guess it is due to some flaw as instead of 250MB free account I got 2000 MB paid (u've to pay some 17$ yearly ) account for free.
    I,m sure the Guru's would've noted that pt and will be trying to exploit that flaw.
    Muhammad Irfan

interestingly,just like hotmail users said, as long as you changed your location,the space was automatically updated to 250MB during registeration, mmm. I really think,for get it,what should I do first is to change my nationality to other countries.
    Last edited by stream; September 17th, 2005 at 17:33 PM.

250 MB here