Of course I couldn't have downloaded it on my crappy dial-up, so a friend sent it to me on a CD a week ago. I waited for the weekend so I could get everything ready.
Here's what I did:
1) Full backup of my files
2) Disabled NAV, ZA, QwikFix... (everything except XP services)
3) Checked hard drive for errors
4) Carried out the installation of SP2
I didn't have a single problem, so if you haven't installed SP2 yet, I recommend taking the same safety measures when you plan to upgrade.
The only things annoying me:
1) I'll have to go through the long process of configuring Windows XP services all over again.
2) I hate the useless Windows Security Alerts icon lying in my system tray. I've told it that I'll take care of my AV and firewall protection, but because I've disabled auto-update, it won't go away But I'll surely find a way to get rid of it