October 18th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Windows Server 2003 SP1 Build 1247 Now Available
Like XP Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2003 SP1 will include a number of new security features. Amongst them are the client inspection, remote procedure call (RPC), Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) and firewall enhancements.
Windows Server 2003 SP1 is also slated to lay the groundwork for Windows Server 2003's 64-bit support.
Build 1247 contains new support for:
- Security Configuration Wizard (SCW)
- IIS-specific settings
- Audit policy settings
- Additional registry values
- Group Policy-based deployment of SCW-generated security policies
- Inclusion of security INF templates.
- Centralized knowledge base repository
- Clustered environments
- Multi-level rollback
- And more...
Build 1247 of Windows Server 2003 SP1 is a step closer to becoming release candidate ready.
Screen Shots: 1 | 2 | 3
News Source: Winbeta